Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tottenham Hotspur vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

boik

We're allowed to say 'feck me that was shite' when it's been really really shite.
In exactly the same way we're allowed to marvel at such cracking results.

Imagine where this team would be if it could score a goal against Norwich!

All of the polls suggest, irrespective how bad it's been, the overarching feeling has been were virtually all #TeamGPott.
A fact that seems to trouble TeamGPott more than anybody else.

But we weren't shite against Norwich. That's the whole point. You have to accept that sometimes it goes for you and sometimes it goes against you.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
But we weren't shite against Norwich. That's the whole point. You have to accept that sometimes it goes for you and sometimes it goes against you.

Agreed, the only game I remember us being shite was against Burnley who put in their best performance of the season and blew us away. The other losses were either errors, bad luck or bad finishing. We don’t do shite very often anymore imo :shrug:

We have had a few games where you can see our confidence dissipate but that happens to all non top four sides when they go on the inevitable bad run.

Some fans will only take a win or goals for, otherwise we were shite in their opinion

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

But in the context of all the games building up to then we were shite against Norwich - as well.
In the context of the previous standout performances (Chelsea Liverpool) we were shite against Norwich - as well.
In the context of the subsequent performances we were shite against Norwich - as well.

This season is bonkers.
The Albion could have had an identical season but if the fixture list was in a different order 95% of the bibbling on here wouldn't have happened.

Bonkers.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
What was the relevance of the Trossard post goal 'binoculars' message?... anybody know?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Looking for all the fans that slag him off

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
But in the context of all the games building up to then we were shite against Norwich - as well.
In the context of the previous standout performances (Chelsea Liverpool) we were shite against Norwich - as well.
In the context of the subsequent performances we were shite against Norwich - as well.

This season is bonkers.
The Albion could have had an identical season but if the fixture list was in a different order 95% of the bibbling on here wouldn't have happened.

Bonkers.

If you could just swap the Chelsea and West Ham late equalisers, accept them as honorable defeats, and stick those goals in the Arsenal and Norwich home 0-0s (or Leeds) then it’s all looking rosy at home.

It is bonkers we haven’t got better results at home given the performances and chances. Couple of home wins between now and the end would be nice! :D

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If you could just swap the Chelsea and West Ham late equalisers, accept them as honorable defeats, and stick those goals in the Arsenal and Norwich home 0-0s (or Leeds) then it’s all looking rosy at home.

There's so many different ways to slice it into a great season.
GPott and the team have just taken the hardest possible route to get to the same result.

So hard in fact even his staunchest supporters all but gave up on the manager.

It is bonkers we haven’t got better results at home given the performances and chances. Couple of home wins between now and the end would be nice! :D

Steady on, let's not run before we can walk.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
What was the relevance of the Trossard post goal 'binoculars' message?... anybody know?

Reference to the dark circles around his eyes probably,I'm sure it was The Ex***** did a article suggesting he stays up all night that's why he has them,if they'd done a little more research it's actually a over production of Menalin I believe,and that's how it manifests itself in our Leo.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
There's so many different ways to slice it into a great season.
GPott and the team have just taken the hardest possible route to get to the same result.

So hard in fact even his staunchest supporters all but gave up on the manager.

Steady on, let's not run before we can walk.

Very true. Let’s win 4 games away in London and be undefeated in the capital, draw away to a team being called the greatest ever to have played, but not beat Norwich at home. You are correct - bonkers.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Very true. Let’s win 4 games away in London and be undefeated in the capital, draw away to a team being called the greatest ever to have played, but not beat Norwich at home. You are correct - bonkers.

Let's get ourselves all the way to 9th then bin off all the hard work against Bumley, Villa, Newcastle and then Norwich.
Don't worry though Arsenal, Spurs and City away are just around the corner.
There's at least 6 NEVER IN DOUBT points to be picked up.

Bonkers.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Not forgetting Spuds should've played with 10 men for 60 odd minutes. Every pundit called it as a straight red and queried why VAR never got involved. I wonder what would've happened if it was the other way round

I'm glad there was no sending off,it didn't give Spurs an excuse for being beaten by a far better team on the day.

"You only beat us cos we only had 10 men"

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016

With those black rings around his eyes, I like to think its a reference to the old boot polish on the binoculars gag.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
At one stage in the commentary, I heard 'there's a tactics battle going on all over the pitch'.

Having previously praised Chris Hughton for identifying bits of it, it would be remiss of me not to also praise Potter for planning the battle and winning it.

Thompson720

Jan 5, 2019
Patcham
But apparently the ref was our 12th man...
da321bc49e3f4291af20b4e24704ad6b.jpg

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Might have been discussed already but I notice there's a Conte article on Sky sports where he says the ref needs to pay better attention to fouls as he feels Mwepu deserved a second yellow, but then within the same article he is asked about the possible kulusevski red card (which definitely should have been) and his response is the classic ''I didnt see it'...

:ffsparr:

paulfuzz

Apr 17, 2019
Kings Lynn
Agreed, the only game I remember us being shite was against Burnley who put in their best performance of the season and blew us away. The other losses were either errors, bad luck or bad finishing. We don’t do shite very often anymore imo :shrug:

We have had a few games where you can see our confidence dissipate but that happens to all non top four sides when they go on the inevitable bad run.

Some fans will only take a win or goals for, otherwise we were shite in their opinion

I agree but both 1st choice central defenders being out had something to do with that

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
At one stage in the commentary, I heard 'there's a tactics battle going on all over the pitch'.

Having previously praised Chris Hughton for identifying bits of it, it would be remiss of me not to also praise Potter for planning the battle and winning it.

It was a masterclass of planning then execution. Could see the game being used in the future for studying at pro license level. As Potter pointed out on interview, it’s meaningless unless the players execute the plan, and blimey they did that yesterday, it was literally a challenge to pick a motm from our players.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It was a masterclass of planning then execution. Could see the game being used in the future for studying at pro license level. As Potter pointed out on interview, it’s meaningless unless the players execute the plan, and blimey they did that yesterday, it was literally a challenge to pick a motm from our players.

Rubbish, why would they use the tactics of an out of his depth PL manager? :wink:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Jenas made a good point in the execution in that it basically never dipped - there wasn’t a single spell in the game where we stepped off it a bit and let them have any semblance of control. There’s almost always and ebb and flow in a game, but yesterday our control was total. For me it’s quite possibly the best tactical performance I’ve seen from us.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Jenas made a good point in the execution in that it basically never dipped - there wasn’t a single spell in the game where we stepped off it a bit and let them have any semblance of control. There’s almost always and ebb and flow in a game, but yesterday our control was total. For me it’s quite possibly the best tactical performance I’ve seen from us.

This.
As JJ said we kept it up the whole game and didn't give them a sniff. JJ is always very complimentary of us when we play well. Good pundit, much better than Shearer, Jug Ears, Danny Mills, Crooks and a load of others.

Conte's post match interview was interesting, he couldn't really point out what they'd done wrong to start with.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here