Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tottenham Hotspur vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I’m seriously thinking of not renewing - Var is just ruining the game. Our Pen chalked off against MU, then look at Liverpool’s and Spurs pens this weekend, it’s a ****ing big side favouring joke. I’m not paying £600 to be cheated week in week out.

I'm feeling this way too. F**king hate VAR. If they are gonna use it, just have it for OBVIOUS mistakes. I thought that was what it was for.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
That was one of Murray's old tricks, normally on the half way line, which refs got wise too and waved away.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
It was given as a free kick originally
Commentators all agreed it was a free after looking at a few angles. Then when given as a pen they agreed with that too. No consistency.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I'm naturally quite pessimistic but this feels like the year we go down.

Can't score (and for some reason start this game with no recognised striker) and we're plagued by calamitous defensive lapses.

Not to mention getting f**ked by VAR after the whistle. And whilst the game is going on.

Just feels like our time is up for some reason.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Webster worries me. Keeps giving the ball away

Sent from my SM-J330F using Tapatalk

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
By today’s standards, with penalties what seems like every game I’d say it was a foul.

BUT that does say more about the state of football IMO, any contact and players go down because they know VAR shows any contact they will give a penalty, when we all know that contact doesn’t mean it’s enough to go down.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
No pen for us, of course.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I'm feeling this way too. F**king hate VAR. If they are gonna use it, just have it for OBVIOUS mistakes. I thought that was what it was for.

That’s how it was last season. I believe now the remit has changed. It can now check for key decisions.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here