Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tottenham and Birmingham mugged in match-fixing?

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I'm not too upset to see either side go out of Europe personally but really feel they've been stitched up tonight by two 'mutual' draws in the other group games to send the English duo out. Coincidence? Possibly. But the fact is both away sides had a player sent off very early on and still got a point which would probably happen one in approx every eight games so for it to happen twice sounds very dodgy.

Why bother with this shit Europa League when blatant match-fixing goes on. :annoyed:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Of course, Spurs would never play out a convenient draw when that result would suit their opponents too. Nah, that would never happen...

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Well they had the rest of the group games in which to to ensure that the result in the last match between the 2 other sides wouldn't prevent their progress but they didn't earn enough points in those games so got what they deserved.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Ludicrous in that Fulham would have playedd 22? games if they'd won it, Fergue was right & Platini wrong again

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Well they had the rest of the group games in which to to ensure that the result in the last match between the 2 other sides wouldn't prevent their progress but they didn't earn enough points in those games so got what they deserved.

Hits the nail on the head.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
No one gives a shit about the competition anyway and Redknapp wanted out by all accounts so I can't believe he is remotely bothered. The only 'match fixing' that went on last night was Shamrock Rovers' perfectly good 2nd minute goal being ruled out for offside - something the commentators completely glossed over - absolutely outrageous officiating.

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath
Can you imagine Spurs playing out a draw with another team, like Southampton for instance, to achieve a promotion or something.

Unthinkable!!!

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
WE did not want to go up until the next season anyhow.

I'm not too upset to see either side go out of Europe personally but really feel they've been stitched up tonight by two 'mutual' draws in the other group games to send the English duo out. Coincidence? Possibly. But the fact is both away sides had a player sent off very early on and still got a point which would probably happen one in approx every eight games so for it to happen twice sounds very dodgy.

Why bother with this shit Europa League when blatant match-fixing goes on. :annoyed:

What comes around, surely the Master would have forgotten the 0-0 draw with Southampton after all these years.

Bad luck Birmingham, now you can concentrate on avoiding relegation.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
What comes around, surely the Master would have forgotten the 0-0 draw with Southampton after all these years.

Bad luck Birmingham, now you can concentrate on avoiding relegation.

Main difference is that Spurs don't care and will not be going on about it for 34 years.....

Seeing who Ruben got in the next round I am even less bothered, its a joke cup with fair to many games, I think if it was straight knock out we may have taken it seriously.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Main difference is that Spurs don't care and will not be going on about it for 34 years.....
Are you suggesting that we stop going on about it now? 34 years is just the start, we're barely warmed up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here