Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Totp 1976

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
Here we go...............

http://youtu.be/TQVsTHDbrFM

Did you really need that many singers, Hornblower? Cut the money down a bit, didn't it!

Sold shed loads, wrote a top-ten hit, never made a cent. Combination of nine band members, a shitty record deal and a dodgey manager made sure that the money disappeared in all directions except out bank accounts. Never mind, I don't regret a thing, I had 8 fantastic years touring all over the world with my best mates, it beats university any day.

Don't recall a John Senders, was he in Rocky Sharpe and the Razors (the band some of us were in before Darts)?

Sold shed loads, wrote a top-ten hit, never made a cent. Combination of nine band members, a shitty record deal and a dodgey manager made sure that the money disappeared in all directions except out bank accounts. Never mind, I don't regret a thing, I had 8 fantastic years touring all over the world with my best mates, it beats university any day.

Don't recall a John Senders, was he in Rocky Sharpe and the Razors (the band some of us were in before Darts)?

An all too common tale.
Managers and record companies made out while artists scraped and got bags under their eyes touring.

The Stones were smart, but Decca still exploited their material for decades after Promotone was created to carry them on in solvency.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Around 78 I really started getting into music as a shy 12 year old. Between 76 and 80 was a real golden era for me with New Wave really kicking off. Everyone was someone whether it was a skin, punk, ted, rocker (grebo as we used to call them), mod. So many genres and I lapped it up. Tubeway Army, The Pistols, The Jam, The Specials, Ultravox (with John Foxx of course!), Bowie, Souxsie Soux, The Ruts, The Skids, Blondie (oh dear lord!), Bauhaus, The Buzzcocks, Elvis Costello, Joy Division, early Human League, The Damned, XTC, The Stranglers, Thin Lizzy, Motorhead....the list goes on. For me nothing will beat those times musically. I'm now starting to sound old so I'm going to dig out some old sounds and relive my teenage years....great thread!

bloody hell...are you me!!!! great list of my childhood bands ( well at least 17/18 year old)

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells

What a common tale that is. Hey if you ever want a comeback show I'll put you on at The Forum in Tun Wells! We've just won an NME award for the best small venue in the whole of the South East, which we're chuffed about.

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
What a common tale that is. Hey if you ever want a comeback show I'll put you on at The Forum in Tun Wells! We've just won an NME award for the best small venue in the whole of the South East, which we're chuffed about.

Thanks Grassman, I will discuss with my old reprobate band mates.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here