Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Totay's 'when should Potter go' thread

When should Potter go?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The very lax view of a season or two in the championship won’t hurt is disturbing, you play in the championship for one reason to get out of it why would anyone want to go back there ??? brainwashed by a few fancy passes and a couple of youth players in the first team squad ??? I don’t get it utter madness :shrug:

I have no ambition to see the Albion sweeping most teams aside. I really really hated those two seasons where we narrowly missed out and then got promotion. Who wants to watch football like that when you can have a meltdown every time we don’t beat teams like West Ham and Arsenal.

We may also freefall like Sunderland or Pompey but I think we’d be much better set for the Championship than they were.

All opinions and I won’t be happy to see us relegated but I’ll be over it by the time next season starts

I don’t think we’ll go down but accept like quite a few teams we could. I certainly haven’t thrown in the towel either, unlike so many on here appear to have done.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
The decision is Blooms and I suspect he finds himself on the horns of a dilemma. Either he continues to back Potter, in which case he'll need to break the habit of a lifetime and pay the market price/invest heavily in at least one, maybe two, players who can score between 10 - 20 Premier League goals a season or accept that his continued backing may see the club get relegated into the most difficult league in the world....or, sack Potter now, bite the bullet on paying off some of his 5-6 year contract and bring in a manager who can marry Potterball with some physicality, determination, desire to win and ruthlessness, starting with sorting out the defence. But he'll still need to find that 10-20 goals a season striker from somewhere.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
The decision is Blooms and I suspect he finds himself on the horns of a dilemma. Either he continues to back Potter, in which case he'll need to break the habit of a lifetime and pay the market price/invest heavily in at least one, maybe two, players who can score between 10 - 20 Premier League goals a season or accept that his continued backing may see the club get relegated into the most difficult league in the world....or, sack Potter now, bite the bullet on paying off some of his 5-6 year contract and bring in a manager who can marry Potterball with some physicality, determination, desire to win and ruthlessness, starting with sorting out the defence. But he'll still need to find that 10-20 goals a season striker from somewhere.

Brilliant avatar, probably my favorite beach boys album - aside from Sunflower. Great post too.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

When you say physicality ..could you break that down...what players could show (have ability to) that more ...desire to win....hmm..so they don’t want to?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Agreed.

I appreciate this is a football forum and it is 'all about opinions' but if Tony finds himself on the horns of a dilemma (which he undoubtedly does - our league place cannot be the season's target) I find it extraordinary that what sometimes appears to be a majority want 'the clown' (as Potter was described on another thread today) out now. If and when Tony does decide to twist, so be it, and we move on. Till then, badmouthing our manager seems very wrong to me. :shrug: Maybe I'm just a sentimental old fool, but I have no respect for mutinous agitators, flinging their own dung from a safe distance.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Porter out. Bloke don’t even know his own team wtf

And no long threads please ain’t got time to read. Porter out, board out, everyone out.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
This is probably the lamest thread I have ever seen on NSC. Not only a huge look at me aren't I clever attempt at attention by the OP but also a good old dose of abuse to people who dare think Potter is useless based on the dross we are being served up. The Potter in minority are really showing themselves up as an incredibly needy and very defensive bunch indeed.

Eric Youngs Contact Lens

Dec 9, 2020
East Sussex
This is probably the lamest thread I have ever seen on NSC. Not only a huge look at me aren't I clever attempt at attention by the OP but also a good old dose of abuse to people who dare think Potter is useless based on the dross we are being served up. The Potter in minority are really showing themselves up as an incredibly needy and very defensive bunch indeed.

Not all are.. I could say that the language of the Potter Out brigade has been incredibly abusive, derogatory, condescending, disrespectful, and on one occasion homophobic in my opinion. But there are plenty who try to reason accordingly, based on counter-points that are raised. There have been challenges raised for the "potter in" minority to make their case and plenty of reasoned, thoughtful responses if you read them - not needy or defensive as you put it.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Porter out. Bloke don’t even know his own team wtf

And no long threads please ain’t got time to read. Porter out, board out, everyone out.

A wholehearted amende honorable if you were merely jesting my youthful buck but you appear to have spelled “Pooter” erroneously.

Such infelicitous inaccuracies do not serve to make your rationalisation any more persuasive.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
A wholehearted amende honorable if you were merely jesting my youthful buck but you appear to have spelled “Pooter” erroneously.

Such infelicitous inaccuracies do not serve to make your rationalisation any more persuasive.

Inconsequentially I really have no desire to engage in the entrenched hatred and intense, misguided angst of those who fall in the Potter out side.

So i tend to enjoy falling into their characterisation. Much wonderful material to draw from. Merely in jest of course.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Thanks for you exceptional contribution to the thread - irony isn't a concept with which you are familiar, is it? :thumbsup:

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Not all are.. I could say that the language of the Potter Out brigade has been incredibly abusive, derogatory, condescending, disrespectful, and on one occasion homophobic in my opinion. But there are plenty who try to reason accordingly, based on counter-points that are raised. There have been challenges raised for the "potter in" minority to make their case and plenty of reasoned, thoughtful responses if you read them - not needy or defensive as you put it.

Can these threads be merged with the Brexit thread ?

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Inconsequentially I really have no desire to engage in the entrenched hatred and intense, misguided angst of those who fall in the Potter out side.

So i tend to enjoy falling into their characterisation. Much wonderful material to draw from. Merely in jest of course.

That's a defence mechanism.

You're doing it because deep down you know you're wrong but can't admit it. You probably think that defending the indefensible makes you a better fan.

Feel free to point out any spelling mistakes or grammatical errors that fit with your daft stereotype :thumbsup:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Not expecting much return from Wolves, Citeh & Leeds, but if we then lose at home to Fulham........

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
That's a defence mechanism.

You're doing it because deep down you know you're wrong but can't admit it. You probably think that defending the indefensible makes you a better fan.

Feel free to point out any spelling mistakes or grammatical errors that fit with your daft stereotype :thumbsup:

You think deep down I’m “Potter out” but scared to admit it?

Ok that’s an interesting... theory.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I know serious answers are not expected, but as no one will take this seriously I can probably get away with saying, he will go when one of the big 6 come for him after he has achieved the miracle of getting BHAFC European Football, with one of the smallest budgets in the Premier League.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
You think deep down I’m “Potter out” but scared to admit it?

Ok that’s an interesting... theory.

Not quite.

I think you've made fun of too many people's (valid) opinions on the match threads and done it in such a forceful manner that you can't ever go back on it now. Your only option is to push it even harder, which you're doing with the silly stereotyping.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Not quite.

I think you've made fun of too many people's (valid) opinions on the match threads and done it in such a forceful manner that you can't ever go back on it now. Your only option is to push it even harder, which you're doing with the silly stereotyping.

Well let me assure you if I no longer felt GP was the man to take us forward I’d join the ‘Potter out’ gang.

But as it is, I still rate him, and can see the bigger picture of the job he’s doing here. So I back him. Seems quite straightforward to me.

Honestly it’d be easier to go along with the more vocal Potter out crowd on match days.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here