Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Totally unprofessional

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
It's called being a football supporter, you should try it.

This must be some kind of sick joke?! I cant recall the last performance I booed but tonight was absolutely shocking.

I hate to hark back to the old 'i pay my money...' argument but that's basically what it boils down to. I would have been the first to applaud a battling second half display where we really looked like we wanted to right the mistakes of the first half by at least putting in a shift but unfortunately one was not forthcoming.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
This must be some kind of sick joke?! I cant recall the last performance I booed but tonight was absolutely shocking.

I hate to hark back to the old 'i pay my money...' argument but that's basically what it boils down to. I would have been the first to applaud a battling second half display where we really looked like we wanted to right the mistakes of the first half by at least putting in a shift but unfortunately one was not forthcoming.

Fair play, I wasn't there but I'd still never boo them. I doubt they wanted to lose somehow and Walsall were bound to be on the rebound. My only fear is that thbinly definite passenger I had for scunny is now having second thoughts and I can't really afford the petrol on my own.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I'm sorry, but slade's record is played 2, won 1, lost 1, for 5 against 3, if you think the orient game counted then you're definitely a joker. I reckon sladebwill give them a rollicking and they'll win on sat and I for one will be there to see it.

Thats b*llocks. Slade WAS at Orient. He WAS Brighton's manager and he had input into the team, tactics, pre match, half time team talks. He may not have picked the actual team but probably said you pick it I will watch and see what I think of them so to act as if Slade was not even at the game is one of the tings at the moment that is really pissing me off. His record IS played 4 won 1 lost 3.

I am not anti Slade, quite the opposite but can we stop peddling this bullshit myth please.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Thats b*llocks. Slade WAS at Orient. He WAS Brighton's manager and he had input into the team, tactics, pre match, half time team talks. He may not have picked the actual team but probably said you pick it I will watch and see what I think of them so to act as if Slade was not even at the game is one of the tings at the moment that is really pissing me off. His record IS played 4 won 1 lost 3.

I am not anti Slade, quite the opposite but can we stop peddling this bullshit myth please.

Don't be a prat, Uncle. He only got the job the day before the Orient game.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I'm sorry, but slade's record is played 2, won 1, lost 1, for 5 against 3, if you think the orient game counted then you're definitely a joker. I reckon sladebwill give them a rollicking and they'll win on sat and I for one will be there to see it.

Who was in charge against Southend, Henry Kissinger ?.

throbinson

Feb 18, 2009
Shropshire
Out of curiosity why are people now not blaming the manager? We've played four and lost three under him, two of those quite heavy defeats. Why all of a sudden are people now thinking the players should take a lot of the blame. Strange.

How can the manager take the blame for shit defending and school boy errors, my 3 year old lad could do better

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Fair play, I wasn't there but I'd still never boo them. I doubt they wanted to lose somehow and Walsall were bound to be on the rebound. My only fear is that thbinly definite passenger I had for scunny is now having second thoughts and I can't really afford the petrol on my own.

Booing maybe not, but couldn't believe how many applauded the team. They were shocking from the moment Bangura rolled the ball too wide for Livermore, Cox failed to make a run, Livermore smacked the ball into the wingers legs and was then muscled off the rebound, El Abd didn't pick up the guy on the near post and Andersen stood there like a lost child. 2-0 down and everything went from the team. The next hour and a bit was dull, cold and depressing.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
Out of curiosity why are people now not blaming the manager? We've played four and lost three under him, two of those quite heavy defeats. Why all of a sudden are people now thinking the players should take a lot of the blame. Strange.

Because he's only managed 4 games?

Blimey.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
I couldn't bring myself to applaud. In genuine bewilderment I asked the guy next to me "why are you clapping"? He seemed honestly puzzled and after a few moments said "I've no idea really' and promptly stopped.

Set of Tracksuits

Oct 27, 2003
Leicester
In my view, of the starting 11, only Whing and Forster came out of last night with even a shred of credit. Jason Jarrett is the biggest crock of shit I have seen in an Albion shirt for a long time.

Not because he's got less ability than anyone else, but because he doesn't apply himself at all. He must be 6ft and yet never wins any headers, he can't or doesn't tackle, gives the ball away consistently and is generally happy to hide for long periods of the game and let his team mates carry him.

His imaginative step-over dummy to Borrowdale with about five minutes left summed him up for me, a bit of showboating but no end product whatsoever.

For those who weren't there, the BBC live text must have been something like:

Bangura plays a square pass to Jarrett
Jarrett dummies the ball
(pause)

Throw in to Walsall

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
He's inheritated a weak, leaderless side with no vision, no passion and no idea. Its probably been left too late for this season to be turned around. It was really quite shocking tonight.

I thought that all the Adams out lot were basing their argument on him having a good team that finished 7th the previous season but just not getting it playing right? Now it is the teams fault?

88brighton

Feb 13, 2008
Hangleton
To be fair i have seen a few of the squad out nearly every week so i can believe this.

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
How can the manager take the blame for shit defending and school boy errors, my 3 year old lad could do better

This is my point, Adams got the blame for everything like this, yet now it is actually the players faults.

Because he's only managed 4 games?

Blimey.

Didn't stop many people getting on Adams' back as quickly as 5 games in (Scunthorpe), and that was after 2 wins and 2 draws.

But my main point is, why now are the fans blaming the players, surely they've been to blame (not entirely) for the rest of the season not just the last four games?

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here