Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Total revenues this season.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Had a discussion yesterday about total income the club will have received this season. With about 500k coming through the gates at an average of 26 quid that brings in a staggering 13 million but what about the other fields ie tv and catering . What would we expect to bring in there ?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Well this 2nd season is when all those little "extra's" start to kick in.......would love us to spend £10 million this summer as a statement of intent..

huge

Mar 23, 2011
Had a discussion yesterday about total income the club will have received this season. With about 500k coming through the gates at an average of 26 quid that brings in a staggering 13 million but what about the other fields ie tv and catering . What would we expect to bring in there ?

I heard brightons business model was set for an average gate of 15k per home game and a spend of 80p per person on average. I believe, (tell me if I'm wrong) the average gate has been 20k and the average spend has been £4.50 per person on average.

So rough figures on income from fan spending is 461,000 people through the gates x £4.50 = just under £2.1 million turnover.

Not bad fans. Well done. Keep spending

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
I heard brightons business model was set for an average gate of 15k per home game and a spend of 80p per person on average. I believe, (tell me if I'm wrong) the average gate has been 20k and the average spend has been £4.50 per person on average.

So rough figures on income from fan spending is 461,000 people through the gates x £4.50 = just under £2.1 million turnover.

Not bad fans. Well done. Keep spending

I think we only get 20% of catering profits.

huge

Mar 23, 2011
I did say turnover not profit. Point being Brighton fans spent 4 or 5 times as much as expected.

Last edited:

Mileoakman

Aug 11, 2003
The name gives it away
While our income has gone up considerably don't forget so has our expenditure so anyone who thinks we have mega millions waiting to be spent might be disappointed. I think only a handful of clubs in the Championship made a profit last year and some, with bigger gates than us, are really feeling the pinch, (Notts Forest, Leeds, and Ipswich to name just 3)

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
I heard that we are still running at a loss - the matchday stewards are on £12 per hour and there are hundreds of them (I think they are emplyed from 11.30-6.30). If it was my business I would save money there.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I heard that we are still running at a loss - the matchday stewards are on £12 per hour and there are hundreds of them (I think they are emplyed from 11.30-6.30). If it was my business I would save money there.

Well you can get rid of half the stewards in and around the parking areas and at Mithras, Mill Road straight away .... Grrrrr!

If we only get 20% of Catering profit then it suggests to me that Azure are paying some kind of concession fee

Merchandising? The shop has done a bomb .. plus online sales

Then there is TV money and runs in Cup to add ... and I assume we get something from FL for finishing pos or maybe not?

We'll finish in black for sure ... just how much, when are accounts published? Never really paid any attention to this aspect before

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
All figures after deducting VAT:

Total turnover 2010/11, last season at the Withdean: £7.2m
(Before that, had been staggering along at £4m to £5.m even in the Gus era).

The club were expecting £20m @ the Amex, about 18 months ago, and the business plans were conservative. That figure would fit in with other Championship clubs without PL parachute monies.

With the unexpected 18,000 s/t holders, busy superstore, extra 1901 seats added in ESL, catering & kiosks selling far in excess of that expected, and the televised & packed LFC (x2) and Newcastle games,

surely we are looking at £25m to £30m?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
.....would love us to spend £10 million this summer as a statement of intent..
If it's there to be spent.

I've loved this season, and would hate for us (Tony) to go chasing something that isn't really worth it.
Not that he will.

cw00

Mar 29, 2009
Manchester

They get paid around £7.20....

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Is it really true 30,000 replica shirts have been sold this season - seems amazing if true

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Is it really true 30,000 replica shirts have been sold this season - seems amazing if true

Hopefully this means we will get a decent company like Adidas sniffing around for the kit contract.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
While our income has gone up considerably don't forget so has our expenditure so anyone who thinks we have mega millions waiting to be spent might be disappointed. I think only a handful of clubs in the Championship made a profit last year and some, with bigger gates than us, are really feeling the pinch, (Notts Forest, Leeds, and Ipswich to name just 3)

Only because of their wage bill, clubs don't exist to make a profit so most turnover gets spent on wages.

Bigger turnover means bigger wage bill, and bigger wage bill means better players

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here