Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Total Respect To Carlisle United

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Best away side (and best game) this season by a long way.

Left my seat slightly early to catch train home :)wrong:) but was rewarded by seeing the winner smacked in from close quarters on the track.

Two points today, some supporters need to grasp some simple maths to work out where the five minutes came from.. :lol:

.. and two, we weren't very good at times or pretty today (the goalie kicking it out, remember that from the old days) but we stuck in and won.

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
I think some people are being a bit harsh on Tommy today, I don't think he was really at fault for anything and sure the defence did look shakey but i think it's more the case that this is the first time the back four has been changed around in the league for quite a while. If it had been Adam coming in for Tommy after he had, had a long run in the team we would have seen the same peformance.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I think some people are being a bit harsh on Tommy today, I don't think he was really at fault for anything and sure the defence did look shakey but i think it's more the case that this is the first time the back four has been changed around in the league for quite a while. If it had been Adam coming in for Tommy after he had, had a long run in the team we would have seen the same peformance.

It's also worth noting that greer normally plays on the right and el abd on the left, today greer was on the left and elphick on the right, so greer would have needed time to get his bearings.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I thought this:

1) Tommy E is appalling with the ball at his feet.

2) Mr Dicker had a stinker.

3) Mr Greer was average at best.

4) Mr Wood has a real struggle controlling a ball for a layoff.

5) Mr Murray was taken off too early.

6) All the player cannot head the ball towards goal for love nor money,.... appalling.

7) Mr Noone needs to be given the ball at the half way line,... not 20 yards from their line, he hasnt got room to get up a run.

8) I enjoyed the game despite the above.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Yes damn ankergren for "pissing" around with it and not hoofing it straight up the field only for it to come straight back :jester:

Prodigal Son

Getting older by the day
Sep 21, 2009
Sussex
It's also worth noting that greer normally plays on the right and el abd on the left, today greer was on the left and elphick on the right, so greer would have needed time to get his bearings.

Seemed to take him a while. Maybe Gus should get him a TOMTOM?

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
Really enjoyed watching Carlisle today, they took the game to us and made us work hard, it all made for a very entertaining game of football and whilst I'm chuffed we got the result it was pleasing to watch a side try and play football and in a good spirit too. Well done to them and I hope they stuff Bournemouth in a few weeks and do us a favour.

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
I thought this:

1) Tommy E is appalling with the ball at his feet.

2) Mr Dicker had a stinker.

3) Mr Greer was average at best.

4) Mr Wood has a real struggle controlling a ball for a layoff.

5) Mr Murray was taken off too early.

6) All the player cannot head the ball towards goal for love nor money,.... appalling.

7) Mr Noone needs to be given the ball at the half way line,... not 20 yards from their line, he hasnt got room to get up a run.

8) I enjoyed the game despite the above.

FFS

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
How many carlisle there today?

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
Not very many, looked less than 150 tops. Fair play its a shitter of a trip although they did get to see a cracker of a game.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Maybe 300?

Finally a team had some balls to take us on and it made for a great spectacle. I would be very proud of that performance, if I were a Carlisle fan, particularly as they have just had a long midweek trip to Charlton. Probably too late for them to make a playoff charge, but you never know.

Southampton talk of catching us and they are ten points behind. Carlisle are ten behind the last playoff spot, but have two games in hand.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Im always the first to have a pop at a piss poor away support but hats off to carlisle, they made noise and at least bought 3 figs unlike Colchester, Hartlepool, Yeovil etc etc

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Im always the first to have a pop at a piss poor away support but hats off to carlisle, they made noise and at least bought 3 figs unlike Colchester, Hartlepool, Yeovil etc etc

Wasnt there today but if this is true, then respect!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here