Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Total Respect To Carlisle United

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
They kept coming back at us, and highlighted some really shoddy defending.

The highest compliment that can be paid to them is that Ankergren never had much of a chance to piss around with the ball in his area, and the one time he did try it, ginger kid gave him a sound thumping for his troubles :lol:

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
You can see why they had won 3 on the bounce on their travels before today. Bit of a shame for them that they went off the boil after topping the table earlier this season.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Best team this season, Dangerous coming forward , fancied them for a 4th at the end.

Fair play to them

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
I agree with the best team to come to us sentiments and it was nice to see a team come and have a go at us especially as stupid as it sounds, we commented around us during the Plymouth game that it was so easy it was almost boring!

In the opening couple of minutes today they surprised us a little by pushing high up the pitch! When Casper passed it out to Greer he was immediately put under pressure, not by one but both of the Carlisle forwards which is not something we have seen deployed against us this season...But for all that as soon as they scored they sort of went into their shell a bit as we poured forward and only re-emerged once we had levelled. That said we had complete control of the first half and should have gone in at the break with the game pretty much put to bed.

In the second 45 they put us under pressure during the 2 periods when they were losing, which was for the majority of the half but we still looked quality coming forward as we always do. You could argue that the winner was a little harsh on them but it was awesome for us and considering the chances we missed, especially in the first 45 I think we deserved it...Anyway, as said hats off to them for giving us a game.

Phew, I am glad I have stopped their as I was in danger of launching into one of those match reports I used to do...

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Rustington BHA

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
They were probably the best side I've seen at Withdean but we should have been out of site by half time.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Best team this season, Dangerous coming forward , fancied them for a 4th at the end.

Fair play to them

Yep, I reckon that sums fings up rather nicely. :clap:

Btw, how long's Adam E-A out for? Talk about a shakey defence without his presence today...

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Yep, best team at Withdean this season. Their number 14 who scored their second (?) looked very good and their sub who came on at half time always looked dangerous. Long way back for their fans who turned up, but atleast they saw a very entertaining match!

Prodigal Son

Getting older by the day
Sep 21, 2009
Sussex
I agree with the best team to come to us sentiments and it was nice to see a team come and have a go at us especially as stupid as it sounds, we commented around us during the Plymouth game that it was so easy it was almost boring!

In the opening couple of minutes today they surprised us a little by pushing high up the pitch! When Casper passed it out to Greer he was immediately put under pressure, not by one but both of the Carlisle forwards which is not something we have seen deployed against us this season...But for all that as soon as they scored they sort of went into their shell a bit as we poured forward and only re-emerged once we had levelled. That said we had complete control of the first half and should have gone in at the break with the game pretty much put to bed.

In the second 45 they put us under pressure during the 2 periods when they were losing, which was for the majority of the half but we still looked quality coming forward as we always do. You could argue that the winner was a little harsh on them but it was awesome for us and considering the chances we missed, especially in the first 45 I think we deserved it...Anyway, as said hats off to them for giving us a game.

Phew, I am glad I have stopped their as I was in danger of launching into one of those match reports I used to do...

Thimble Keegan
Rustington BHA

Spot on, good post!

Is it just me thinking that our defence were a bit "fvcking shit" at times today?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Could (should?) have been 4 or 5 up if we had taken our chances but boy did they keep coming at us, scared the shit out of me

Sep 30, 2006
Up in the Gods
Got to hand it to them for their never say die attitude. Though we scored 4, the number of times their defenders blocked our final ball / shots showed how hard working they were. They defended high up the pitch and kept Greer and co on their toes for most of the match. They broke quickly and Zoko looked a real handful when he came on, as did their 14.

Thought we seemed to lack that urgency to close down on the edge of our box for their first goal. That's where I would expect El-Abd to burst forward to take one in the face if a shot flew in...unfortunately it just flew in our net.

Fair play to Carlisle. Knew it was going to be a tight game, simply because of our home record against them.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Yeh, it's great when a little team comes and gives it a go, isn't it! Only joking - full respect to Carlisle - after all, they got to the firdst division (that is now called the Premiership, for all you youngsters, but was the same thing) 5 years before we did - and after three matches were top of the whole football league, with a hundred percent record, which is better than we did (Brighton 0 Arsenal 4!)

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
Fair play to them they had a go at us but once again the Gus bus just drove over them and squashed all hope they had of taking away a point. What made the win a lot more sweeter was the fact they celebrated in front of the fans in H block today when they got the 90th minute equaliser. Everytime I think about the game I just get all happy. :laugh:

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK

Thimble Keegan
Rustington BHA

So it has taken over 6 months of the season for teams to realise that if they sit back and admire us they will be punished. Amazing! Even better is the fact that Gus knows this and has a plan B. At the moment 'do NOT play pretty football'. Would be interesting to pair Greer and Dunk on Tuesday and see the difference in defending? Methinks it will be better?
So now back to over 2 points a game reaped. Only 14 matches to go and we are a staggering 17 or so points above the 7th place team!
Must be one of the best footballing teams to play in this league over the past 20 years or so.
Can't wait to see a few matches afore the end of the season.

Superseagulls!

TNBA

TTF

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here