Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"Total football" says the Posh keeper!

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Joe Lewis's verdict:

"We were totally and utterly outplayed by a better team for 90 minutes.

"We certainly cannot hide behind the fact we were reduced to 10 men after 65 minutes, whatever the thoughts on the incident may be.

"Brighton played a brand of total football that it was difficult not to be impressed by".

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
Joe Lewis's verdict:

"We were totally and utterly outplayed by a better team for 90 minutes.

"We certainly cannot hide behind the fact we were reduced to 10 men after 65 minutes, whatever the thoughts on the incident may be.

"Brighton played a brand of total football that it was difficult not to be impressed by".

Good on him

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I guess he meant FOR 65 minutes - but the rest hopefully isn't a misquote!

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
He gave a very respectable interview on the local radio in which he praised our performance and said we were dominant before the red card anyway. Mixed reaction from their fans, many saying we dived and conned the ref for both pens and the red card. Also said casper was time wasting so should have been booked, despite the ball being in play when he did, not at goal kicks.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Indeed, he was their MoTM in a 3 nil hiding. That's all you need to know folks who couldn't make today's game. Good on him for calling it how it was. For these are not especially generous remarks. We were that good.:albion1:

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
He made some super saves today. He didn't have to do much to get MoM though, their outfield players hardly set the world alight.

comeonboro11

Aug 2, 2010
Posh fan. Just wanted to say you're going to win the league and you battered us today. Well done, far too good for us. Played a style of football that I've never seen at this level. :thumbsup:

Bloody hell. It hurt to say that :laugh:

Oh, and Lewis is a great 'keeper. Although, if you want a clue as to how deluded some of our fans are, a few are moaning at him.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Posh fan. Just wanted to say you're going to win the league and you battered us today. Well done, far too good for us. Played a style of football that I've never seen at this level. :thumbsup:

Oh, and Lewis is a great 'keeper. Although, if you want a clue as to how deluded some of our fans are, a few are moaning at him.

Fair play to you, sir.
The majority of your fans seem to think we are cheats :facepalm:, at least you have the balls to admit we out played you.
Good luck for the rest of the season.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Posh fan. Just wanted to say you're going to win the league and you battered us today. Well done, far too good for us. Played a style of football that I've never seen at this level.

:thumbsup: You've restored my faith that specsaver's aren't about to open a mega-store in Peterborough following today's game.

highway61

Jun 30, 2009

Greetings mate and many thanks for your post. Am sure it did hurt:laugh: but all credit to you. Cannot believe some fans moaning about keeper, thats pretty amazing:facepalm: Good luck for rest of season

comeonboro11

Aug 2, 2010
Fair play to you, sir.
The majority of your fans seem to think we are cheats :facepalm:, at least you have the balls to admit we out played you.
Good luck for the rest of the season.

You weren't cheats, only thing I could take issue with was Calderon's dive whilst holding his face. They are the sort of fans that are trying to deflect attention from our own, obvious, errors that need to rectified. The bench-mark has been set now by you. We've got a lot of work to do.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

On Radio Cambridge a fan of yours blamed him for two of the goals, clueless just clueless. I found him f***ing irritating as well but only because he made two outstanding saves in open play as well as the penalty save that kept the score respectable

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
:laugh: It might help some of our fans, honestly we have a bigger amount of complete and utter idiots than any other team in England.

Don't be so sure - just a few weeks ago large numbers of our fans were boo-ing our passing football and urging the centre backs to hoof it forward. We have our fair share of idiots, too.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
:laugh: It might help some of our fans, honestly we have a bigger amount of complete and utter idiots than any other team in England.

Have you met some of the Brighton fans on here? One wondered "if Ashley Barnes (the one who came close to a hatrick today) died on the pitch, would anyone notice?"

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Have you met some of the Brighton fans on here? One wondered "if Ashley Barnes (the one who came close to a hatrick today) died on the pitch, would anyone notice?"

:lolol:
He does confuse me, brilliant penalty under pressure, good brave header for the first goal. Then misses an absolute sitter on the volley 2 yards out, and seemingly failed to connect with a cross up the far end which was inside the six yard box at walking pace.
Still, who's complaining, we're top of the league by 8 points even while missing a number of easy chances, its looking good :thumbsup:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Lewis deserved the Peterborough MOTM award in preventing a 6 or 7-nil anihilation.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here