Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
What is it with Jeremy C Hunt’s default screensaver expression which manages to make him look gormless, aroused and slightly surprised all in one?

Either he is mid-drop or has just sat on a ring tickler.

Does the 'C' stand for Caretaker?

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Wow! Kami Badenoch on Radio 4 this morning sounded rabid!

The Tories really are going after every populist vote going. Opening up the whole gender debate really does inspire more divisions.

They really are a divisionist party and this appears to be the strategy. Talk about things that divide people rather than issues that we all unite around, like wealth redistribution, security, housing etc.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
“An arrest was unnecessary as I remain ready to cooperate…”

Is this man thick? That’s not how it works 😂😂

Or like the vast majority of Tory’s, does he feel exemptions to the law should be made for him?
IMG_6836.jpeg

pocketseagull

Dec 29, 2014
Talk about things that divide people rather than issues that we all unite around, like wealth redistribution, security, housing etc.
Is that on the table this election? I know Labour have said they're now the party of wealth creation and have pledged no tax increases.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Is that on the table this election? I know Labour have said they're now the party of wealth creation and have pledged no tax increases.
It's not on the table from labour. It is from the Greens, the only party that have set out plans about how to actually raise money to pay for stuff.

It's magic beans and wishful thinking from the other parties

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I’d say yes.

Cutting energy bills; ending tax breaks for private schools and making those businesses that specialize in education pay business rates rather than hand cash to shareholders; closing the loopholes for ‘non-Dom’s’ (the Tories have tried to hyjack this but nothing has happened); windfall tax on profits made by commodity industries (eg energy).

By nature centre-left parties focus more on fairness, injustice and economic parity.

Meanwhile, the Tories are reduced to announcing pipedream ideas designed to sow uncertainty and fear. The national service policy is not costed clearly and unworkable; the transgender discussion is just that, a discussion. The Tories are focused on project fear and they hope it will work. Hopefully, after a defeat they will move back to being more centre right and so giving back to the nation more reasoned political debate rather than the reactionary politics and lies of Johnson, Truss and now the mob under Sunak.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Wow! Kami Badenoch on Radio 4 this morning sounded rabid!

The Tories really are going after every populist vote going. Opening up the whole gender debate really does inspire more divisions.

They really are a divisionist party and this appears to be the strategy. Talk about things that divide people rather than issues that we all unite around, like wealth redistribution, security, housing etc.
Did you mean to re-open this old thread, rather than posting to the “meltdown finally arrived” thread?

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Did you mean to re-open this old thread, rather than posting to the “meltdown finally arrived” thread?
Nope. Happy for you to copy and paste it there as well.

This was just the first thread I found relating to Tory meltdowns when I did a search.

I guess there have been so many Tory meltdowns that there are so many thread to choose from.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here