Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
The Tories still have 160 candidates for this election to choose.
Will they be able to contest all seats by 4th July?

Attachments

• IMG_6870.png
    IMG_6870.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 51

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
To be fair, that MP is a bit random. The story is not so much what she had done now, but why they were ever there in the first place.

This I think it's the Tories problem. When popular any old fruitcake can get in and under Johnson they encouraged it.

Now on the ropes, their historical selection is coming back to bite them on the arse.
This is hilarious:

Ms Allan added about Mr Adams that he was "not in it for personal advantage, power, or control over people" and his motivation for standing "is profoundly honourable".​
She said: "Alan gives Telford a choice, so that Telford does not have to settle for more of the same politics and more of the same politicians."​

She knows that he'll be (potentially) replacing her doesn't she?!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
This is hilarious:

Ms Allan added about Mr Adams that he was "not in it for personal advantage, power, or control over people" and his motivation for standing "is profoundly honourable".​
She said: "Alan gives Telford a choice, so that Telford does not have to settle for more of the same politics and more of the same politicians."​

She knows that he'll be (potentially) replacing her doesn't she?!
She’s left according to the Shropshire Star.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
She’s left according to the Shropshire Star.
Replacing her as the MP is what I mean - if he gets elected, hence 'potentially'

I wonder which she was in it for... personal advantage, power, or control over people? (all three?)

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The latest ‘wheeze’ is to raise the tax threshold for pensioners because it’s been frozen for so long, it’s almost overlapping the State pension.

That sounds good but it would only be for pensioners, not those in work.

They haven’t got a clue, have they?

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
The latest ‘wheeze’ is to raise the tax threshold for pensioners because it’s been frozen for so long, it’s almost overlapping the State pension.

That sounds good but it would only be for pensioners, not those in work.

They haven’t got a clue, have they?
It seems like all their campaign priorities are targeting the right-leaning pensioner vote.

National Service: Finally bring the youth of today under control. Back to the good old days!
Bin Net Zero: Why should I pay ULEZ to drive my 1972 Jag into London?
Rwanda!: The UK was a lot "whiter" in the 70s, easy to see where it all went wrong [Stares hard at their neighbour from Nigeria whose family has lived here since 1926]
War on Woke: You could say what you liked in my day

Add in the usual: No Plan! Starmer loves Corbyn! Magic Money Tree! Instability with Labour!

Honestly, it's like they're actively trying to lose the election. They're fighting harder to win Reform voters back than swing voters nearer the centre.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I love one of the accusations shown that the MPs were "focusing too much on ministerial business" - the thing they are ACTUALLY being paid for! :facepalm: :lolol:
This is a breeze for Starmer. No wonder his campaign is little more that a crawl around nice pubs. Great work if you can get it

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
It seems like all their campaign priorities are targeting the right-leaning pensioner vote.

National Service: Finally bring the youth of today under control. Back to the good old days!
Bin Net Zero: Why should I pay ULEZ to drive my 1972 Jag into London?
Rwanda!: The UK was a lot "whiter" in the 70s, easy to see where it all went wrong [Stares hard at their neighbour from Nigeria whose family has lived here since 1926]
War on Woke: You could say what you liked in my day

Add in the usual: No Plan! Starmer loves Corbyn! Magic Money Tree! Instability with Labour!

Honestly, it's like they're actively trying to lose the election. They're fighting harder to win Reform voters back than swing voters nearer the centre.
I think this is just win back Reform voters to mitigate the damage. If they can scrape anywhere 30per cent they will regard that as a good showing. They are a joke, and an extremely bad one at that.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I mean, it’s obviously not Diane Abbott levels of scandal, but she is our (former) esteemed leader

BrianB

Sleepy Mid Sussex
Nov 14, 2020
I've been in offline in southern France for a week , anything happen while I was away ? ..
Side note - we drove over 1,000 km including the lower Pyrenees and found 2 (two!) Potholes both on side roads , free parking everywhere including town centres .
A real eye opener after the slow degradation of Mid Sussex .

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I've been in offline in southern France for a week , anything happen while I was away ? ..
Side note - we drove over 1,000 km including the lower Pyrenees and found 2 (two!) Potholes both on side roads , free parking everywhere including town centres .
A real eye opener after the slow degradation of Mid Sussex .

Well I understand that France has become the second biggest power in the largest economic trading bloc in the world over the last few years. You would think there would have to be huge benefits to getting themselves into that sort of position :smile:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

But, but, but whilst conservative MP's are moving to Labour on an ever increasing regularity, calling out every aspect of the current cabal.

Lloyd Russell-Moyle has been suspended because of 'allegations' yet still backs the party he was standing for with the following statement "I wish Keir Starmer, Angela Rayner, and the Labour team the best of luck and hope to be celebrating Labour wins across Sussex and beyond on election night".

.... Oh :dunce:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here