Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

Crawley Dingo

Political thread tourist.
Mar 31, 2022
Yep...

What she said when you move past the yellow media headlines..

"
She went on to say that “we have a major problem with our administrative bureaucracy, and I think it’s got a lot worse”.

Ms Truss added: “Now people are joining the Civil Service who are essentially activists, they might be trans activists, they might be environmental extremists, but they are now having a voice within the Civil Service in a way I don’t think was true 30 or 40 years ago, so we just have a wholly new problem.”

Doesn't sound to weird, in line with a 2 speed police force which Braverman pointed out.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

"
She went on to say that “we have a major problem with our administrative bureaucracy, and I think it’s got a lot worse”.

Ms Truss added: “Now people are joining the Civil Service who are essentially activists, they might be trans activists, they might be environmental extremists, but they are now having a voice within the Civil Service in a way I don’t think was true 30 or 40 years ago, so we just have a wholly new problem.”

Doesn't sound to weird, in line with a 2 speed police force which Braverman pointed out.

I certainly think that it has already been proven that Liz Truss and Suella Braverman are the two most insightful political commentators in the UK today :laugh:

Last edited:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

"

If she wasn’t talking utter bullshit, as you do, she may have a point. But she is, you are, and she doesn’t.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Documents had to be “Truss proofed” to make sure they were simple enough for her to understand before they were handed over to her.

She’s madder and thicker than Mad Mick Thicko McMad pushing a clown car through molasses in a hall of mirrors with a Tesco bag on his head and cabbage stuck in his ears yelling “Slave Girls, 50 bob a lump”! at the Maddest and Thickest world championships held on the same day we voted to Leave the EU.

Jul 20, 2003

Jul 20, 2003
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2024/02/22/islamists-are-bullying-britain-into-submission

Suella Braverman at it again and surprised it was even allowed to be printed. If "Islamists" was substituted to "Jews/Judaism" there would rightly be complete uproar and a Police investigation at the minimum.

Disgusting rhetoric

Thinking about writing to The Telegraph to express my concerns that there are too many devisive daughters of Kenyan and Mauritian parents (who have a history of using antisemitic terminology). slagging off UK citizens.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Thinking about writing to The Telegraph to express my concerns that there are too many devisive daughters of Kenyan and Mauritian parents (who have a history of using antisemitic terminology). slagging off UK citizens.
My grandparents were Mauritian immigrants who moved here, my great grandfather was Iraqi. My Mum is a Mauritian daughter who hates everyone equally… be like Mauritian daughters.

Jul 20, 2003
My grandparents were Mauritian immigrants who moved here, my great grandfather was Iraqi. My Mum is a Mauritian daughter who hates everyone equally… be like Mauritian daughters.
I love the idea of hating everyone equally as the default position...

Working up from that level is egalitarian.

Almost 50% of people are worse than average

I like your mum x

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

"

Too. It's too.

And it does sound weird.

Two speed police force you say? ???

You do realize she was in charge of the administrative bureaucracy. Apparently not.

Here is a clue. She was prime minister. Not primate minestrone.

Albeit only for less time than it took for a lettuce to wilt.

Do keep up! :thumbsup:

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Liz Truss you say? The woman whose brain dead economic back of a fag packet uncosted plan for growth would have saddled the country with billions in public debt, saw billions wiped off pension funds, the pound drop to its lowest ever level against the dollar, gilds and bonds go wildly adrift, exacerbate the cost of living crisis, and the U.K. become a laughing stock.
Yeah, she’s probably best sticking with calling out weirdos in the civil service.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2024/02/22/islamists-are-bullying-britain-into-submission

Suella Braverman at it again and surprised it was even allowed to be printed. If "Islamists" was substituted to "Jews/Judaism" there would rightly be complete uproar and a Police investigation at the minimum.

Disgusting rhetoric
What Shitler fails to mention is that an MP, Jo Cox, was killed by a mental right wing Brexiteer, a cult who have utterly taken over the Conservative Party and Government. Bullying Britain into submission indeed.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Liz Truss you say? The woman whose brain dead economic back of a fag packet uncosted plan for growth would have saddled the country with billions in public debt, saw billions wiped off pension funds, the pound drop to its lowest ever level against the dollar, gilds and bonds go wildly adrift, exacerbate the cost of living crisis, and the U.K. become a laughing stock.
Yeah, she’s probably best sticking with calling out weirdos in the civil service.
She's trying to woo Americans at CPAC. They flocked to see her!

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
She's trying to woo Americans at CPAC. They flocked to see her!

“But I faced the most almighty backlash for those conservative policies that I tried to put in place from the usual suspects in the media, from the usual suspects in the corporate world and also from people that were meant to work for the government. The Office of Budget Responsibility, The Bank of England - these sorts of organisations sought to undermine the policies”

OBR - stated purpose: To provide independent and authoritative analysis of the UK’s public finances
BoE: has also been given independence in relation to fiscal stability.

Did she not know?

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton

“But I faced the most almighty backlash for those conservative policies that I tried to put in place from the usual suspects in the media, from the usual suspects in the corporate world and also from people that were meant to work for the government. The Office of Budget Responsibility, The Bank of England - these sorts of organisations sought to undermine the policies”

OBR - stated purpose: To provide independent and authoritative analysis of the UK’s public finances
BoE: has also been given independence in relation to fiscal stability.

Did she not know?
I'm not convinced she 'knows' a damn thing. About any subject whatsoever.
Barely sentient

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here