Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Wonder what actually happened.

Boris expected a slap on the wrist ?
Nadine pops off to the Lords..
Boris takes her seat and plots his return to be leader of the party....

Sunak gets a tip off that the conclusion is damning and quietly has a word that blocks Nadine's appointment ?

Now firing off late night submissions to the committee in a fit of rage.

What exactly is he after now ?
Desperate stalling. As someone with a journalist background he’s hoping if he can just keep his final comeuppance out of the next news cycle he can save his skin a bit longer and hope something crops up. Hope is all he has left. But it’s a tactic that will eventually run out of road, you can only delay the inevitable for so long.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Boris Johnson has called for a Conservative MP on the privileges committee to resign as a furious blue-on-blue row erupted on the eve of a long-awaited report that will find he misled parliament over Partygate.

In an attempt to disparage the findings of the report, Johnson called allegations that Bernard Jenkin attended a birthday drinks in parliament during Covid restrictions a “total contempt of parliament” and said he has “no choice” but to recuse himself from the panel.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
5F0B3EA2-4950-4CA5-B3E8-411D19177E06.jpeg

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
I'm surprised he says it's an "extraordinary boast", based on Sunak/the Conservative government/realistically any government's record, I don't see anything odd about them claiming credit for something that sounds good at first glance but clearly isn't when subject to the slightest scrutiny.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Mad Nad's is having a rant -

So she hasn't gone and my 'Mad Nad for PM campaign' is still alive and kicking ? Well floundering and quivering with some, if somewhat rapidly, disappearing signs of life.

But if Johnson, Truss and third choice (although actually nobody's choice) Sunak can get in, Mad Nad still has to be a better bet, doesn't she ? All I need is the three word slogan :wink:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
So she hasn't gone and my 'Mad Nad for PM campaign' is still alive and kicking ? Well floundering and quivering with some, if somewhat rapidly, disappearing signs of life.

But if Johnson, Truss and third choice (although actually nobody's choice) Sunak can get in, Mad Nad still has to be a better bet, doesn't she ? All I need is the three word slogan :wink:
Jesus Christ man, she could probably do double the damage of Truss in half the time. Some of us are still paying mortgages.

:rolleyes:

:lolol:

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Now taken a typical Tory twist as it is alleged that Bernard Jenkins attended a drinks party during lockdown.

.. and Boris has reported him to the head prefect or something.
Johnson has said that Jenkins attending a drinks party was “total contempt of parliament”. Conveniently forgetting his defence that drinks parties were all 'essential parts of the business' or whatever crap he came out with earlier....

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Now taken a typical Tory twist as it is alleged that Bernard Jenkins attended a drinks party during lockdown.

.. and Boris has reported him to the head prefect or something.
Brexit backing Tory grandee and member of the privileges committee Sir Bernard Jenkin is quite obviously an enemy of the people.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Brexit backing Tory grandee and member of the privileges committee Sir Bernard Jenkin is quite obviously an enemy of the people.

Quite clearly an enemy of the people, but that's a different thread.

I'm personally quite happy this has been identified because what we do know about divided parties is they tend to lose elections.

More blue on blue please.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
On a day when three families are mourning the senseless murder of their loved ones, Boris Johnson thinks it’s appropriate to try and make headlines again.

Give it a rest. You egotistical, insensitive, fat f***ing catastrophe.

Go away. Just f*** off.
A member of the cabinet, in reference to Mr Johnson, apparently repeated that last sentence to Newsnights’s political editor (off the record of course).

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Johnson has said that Jenkins attending a drinks party was “total contempt of parliament”. Conveniently forgetting his defence that drinks parties were all 'essential parts of the business' or whatever crap he came out with earlier....
Johnson was being investigated for lying to Parliament not going to lockdown parties. The police had already fined him for that.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007

GET MORE DRUNK

LADY MAD NAD

DORIS FOR DAME

TORIES CARE LESS

Useless - sorry it’s early

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
That critical distinction seems to be totally lost on the remaining Johnson cultists.
As are so many facts.

The next 5Live phone-in on this scumbag will no doubt have his supporters claiming ‘all MPs were at it’ and my favourite line, ‘he has been kicked out of Parliament for eating a bit of cake’ or indeed ‘Sue Grey stitched him up when she was part of the Labour party’. They’ll never change their view on him. Too stupid and too stubborn.

I’m hopeful that like Trump, we eventually find out that Johnson has broken the law a number of times and that he then gets prosecuted and spends a considerable time in prison recreating that scene from Deliverance where he’ll play the squealer. The Pig.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove

"Get Brexit Undone" ? ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here