Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
What a nasty, entitled, arrogant bully.

His style of Leadership needs to be left in the 20th Century. You don’t get results from screaming, shouting and bullying people any more. I hope he is kicked out of the commons at the next election and rots in somewhere out of site and unimportant.
I agree, I worked for some companies in the 80’s & 90’s where managing by fear was the norm. One MD actually used to grab people by the throat to get his point across, another had senior management trembling in fear if he was visiting the office.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I agree, I worked for some companies in the 80’s & 90’s where managing by fear was the norm. One MD actually used to grab people by the throat to get his point across, another had senior management trembling in fear if he was visiting the office.
There are some great examples in the football world too.

In the modern times, leaders need to inspire. You get the impression that many of our players (it not all) would run through a brick wall for RDZ, it’s not because they fear him, it’s the opposite.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Then Robert Maxwell got on a yacht to Tenerife and the rest is history 🙈

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
Just heard on the BBC that there were examples where he put his hand in front of peoples face to stop them from talking! If he (and sunak) don't think that is bullying behaviour then there is a serious problem. In the real world do that and someone would knock him out!

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
I'm sure the Tories will somehow contrive to blame this on Labour, Starmer or 'the Woke' - "Our poor Raab is the victim of a spiteful Leftie witch-hunt. They're dragging British politics into the gutter 'cos they hate their country."

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
I's obviously Jeremy Corbyn's fault!

Jul 20, 2003
I'm sure the Tories will somehow contrive to blame this on Labour, Starmer or 'the Woke' - "Our poor Raab is the victim of a spiteful Leftie witch-hunt. They're dragging British politics into the gutter 'cos they hate their country."

Lefty lawyer Adam Tolley KC, who's made his fortune in the woke world of employment law ....

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Clearly don't know the Ins and Outs, but his 2017 majority was 23,298 which shrunk in 2019 to 2,743 (the night Boris got his clear mandate)

I would imagine the Constituency Party are already composing yet another resignation letter.
Esher and Walton was formed in 1997, and it's returned Conservative MPs ever since, Raab from 2010. It was formed by combining Esher and Chertsey & Walton, and you have to go back until 1906 when one of those component parts didn't return a Conservative MP.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
or the anti-growth coalition? or China?

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
The "victim of a plot by unionised officials" no less

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Another objectionable narcissist bites the dust, to be replaced by another...

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss, we don’t get...

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Sent to me this afternoon by someone who worked with him

Just then there was the sound of a front door being kicked in. Moments later a sweaty Raab forced his way into the prime minister’s office. He stood in front of Sunak’s desk, his mouth opening and closing without saying anything. He then ripped off his jacket and shirt to expose his glistening pecs. He dropped into 100 one-arm press-ups before punching a hole in the wall. Only then could he bring himself to speak.

“Who the f***ing f*** is calling me a bully?” said Psycho.

Sunak tried not to look too intimidated. Amazing how quickly he switched from Dennis the Menace to his natural Cuthbert Cringeworthy. “Er. No one,” Rish! stammered anxiously. “I mean, not me, for certain. Well, not yet anyway. Possibly never. Though everyone you’ve ever worked with seems to have a different view.”

Psycho climbed on to the desk and stared down at the prime minister. “Do I look like a bully? Do I? How lucky do you feel, punk?”

“Oh very … Um, a little … Not much … And you definitely don’t look anything like a bully. Just my cuddly old mucker, Dom. But we do have a problem …”

“You’re the one with problems sunshine,” yelled Psycho. With that, he grabbed Sunak by the hair and dragged him to the toilets. Shoving his head down the bowl and flushing repeatedly. “I’ll show you what bullying really looks like.”

“Gosh, yes.” said Sunak. “My hair did need a wash.”

“I’m sorry, I don’t know quite what came over me,” Raab mumbled apologetically. “I’m not normally like this.”

“Yes you are,” observed more than two dozen civil servants. “That’s the point.”

“Anyway,” said Rish! “Back to the problem … The problem is that one civil servant claims you hacked her puppy to death with a machete …”

“It wasn’t a machete. It was a zombie knife that I’d confiscated from a drug dealer …”

“Leave Michael Gove out of it …”

“And I did everyone a favour. The dog wouldn’t stop yapping. Plus it was just a bit of fun. People get squeamish at the sight of blood in the office these days.”

“Mmm.”

“Well, I tell you one thing. I’m not going to resign. You and I both know that I’ve done nothing. Don’t we, sonny? So don’t even think of trying to sack me. Suella and the Tory right wing will never let you forget it if you do. You’ll never take me alive.”

Psycho picked up his shirt and strode out of the room. Rish! leant back in his chair and started sobbing. He didn’t have a clue what to do. He wanted to clear Dom. But he knew it would make him look shit. The public had long-since identified Raab as a wrong ’un and knew he was bang to rights.

So Sunak did what he always did when confused. Nothing. Maybe he’d feel braver tomorrow.

From here https://www.theguardian.com/politic...rishi-sunak-dear-friend-dominic-raab-so-wrong

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here