Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Her speech was so inspiring that I had to go for a poo half way through it. I don't think I missed much.

Pity it wasn't on her head. She's now going to shit on the rest of us

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Lots of self indulgent waffle.

Truss is leader, a new mare for the UK begins

There was no way the Tory membership would ever elect a leader of colour. Just impossible

Yep, as thick as s**t, and a complete gift for the Labour Party - who BTW can't really be praised for diversity as they've never even had a female leader - let alone a female PM (Tories now had three)

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
80,000 choose who runs a country of 67 million and, if reports are true, the majority of them are so uninspired by their choice, that they would have preferred to have kept a lying criminal instead.

Democracy in this country is in its death throes. Its actually more of a plutocracy than it was before the extension of the franchise. Before the Great Reform Act in 1832 the electorate totalled approx 400,000 landowning men. This was almost three times the number who were eligible to vote for who they wanted as Prime Minister from a shortlist of two decided by 355 people.

I think you're downplaying it somewhat. The UK population in 1832 was about 15 million so the numbers disenfranchised are far greater today.

Anyway, as others have said, a win for Truss is best for the long term future of the country and she'll provide a decent level of entertainment over the coming months.

Ethelwulf

Apr 6, 2020
West Worthing
A very sad day for this country and 2 more years of utter misery for 95 per cent of our country . God I hope the Tories get wiped off the election map in 2024

****ing hate the tories and all they stand for and now with Tosser Truss leading them let’s watch the so called greatest political party in the world **** itself up

Come on Sir Keir the tories have given you a open goal so wide that even maupay could score

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Yep, as thick as s**t, and a complete gift for the Labour Party - who BTW can't really be praised for diversity as they've never even had a female leader - let alone a female PM (Tories now had three)

But hopefully when they do get one she might actually prove that women can lead the UK well, which would be a first.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
these people are all figureheads for the home office and nastier elements within the lords , they are no more fit for the job than your average bin person or ice cream vendor , western society is being collapsed on purpose America , Canada , Britain ..........they made very short work of South Africa , one of the richest countries in the world 30 yrs ago and now sliding slowly down the toilet Zimbabwe 50 years ago "the bread basket of Africa" , now it's bankrupt ......i ****ing give up , when i go i'm going with a bang , no ifs or buts......the place is being taken over by CJTC's

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
But hopefully when they do get one she might actually prove that women can lead the UK well, which would be a first.

what about Maggie .....she was a union killer and strike breaker , she got the trains running on time even though she was a cast iron ****.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
80,000 choose who runs a country of 67 million and, if reports are true, the majority of them are so uninspired by their choice, that they would have preferred to have kept a lying criminal instead.

Democracy in this country is in its death throes. Its actually more of a plutocracy than it was before the extension of the franchise. Before the Great Reform Act in 1832 the electorate totalled approx 400,000 landowning men. This was almost three times the number who were eligible to vote for who they wanted as Prime Minister from a shortlist of two decided by 355 people.

I can see where you're coming from, but last General Election, 43% of those who voted, voted for this Government and it's associated processes (and a further 2 years of it), and I'm pretty sure they understood what they were voting for. If only someone could have seen this complete clusterf*** coming ???

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Has she made a u-turn yet?

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Thick as mince idiot takes over from corrupt buffoon. HELP

she certainly is of very little brain, but who can help us?

when bungle "resigned", i thought of the candidates, truss would be most amusing as pm, now she's here, i'm scared!

as an aside, what a very tory way to swap leaders in the teeth of several global crises,
take your own sweet time, and fuk everybody else, what a wholly patriotic organisation the conservative and union party is

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
were loose :dunce:

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
It’ll mean paying for it for a generation.

The last ten years have seen a Global Crash, War in Afghanistan Brexit, Pandemic, Proxy War with Russia and Boris Johnson which has left us with the worst economic situation since WW2 when remember the UK needed borrow many Billions the repayments for which were structured over decades and finally paid off in the 1980s, we find ourselves in a similar situation and expecting the repayment to be completed within yours mine or our Children's lifetime is unrealistic
In fact this is not in my opinion the biggest question of the day which is how do we navigate our way out of the current mire correct the errors that got us here to ensure we do not make the same mistakes of the past

Last edited:

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
This is like a new 20 pound striker signing on deadline day.

It's not often I agree with you Spence, but once I removed the word that must have been there by accident... I'd say you are spot on!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here