Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
No he was playing dress up with the police in his last few days of work when there's a massive crisis kicking off.

He has done sod all work since he was resigned. Nothing.

The fact that he is "proud" of what he has done speaks volumes. But then perhaps he is so thick that he will wear the "worst ever PM" badge with pride.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
He has done sod all work since he was resigned. Nothing.

The fact that he is "proud" of what he has done speaks volumes. But then perhaps he is so thick that he will wear the "worst ever PM" badge with pride.

All he ever wanted was to have his name on the Eton roll of honour of past Prime Ministers. That, and the privileges of No.10 and Chequers. The idea of actually doing any work was a complete anathema to him.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Starmer answering questions from the public on radio 5 now.

Most of the callers so far are left wingers, berating Starmer for not joining picket lines, and accusing him of running away from Corbyn's 'popular policies'. Others complaining that Labour (who are, the last time I looked, still in opposition after 12 years) has not transformed society.

As always, the people get the governments they deserve.

Sue in Hove: 'are you concerned about the number of people leaving the Labour party now' (I presume she means the disillusioned left wingers).

Give me strength :facepalm:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Starmer answering questions from the public on radio 5 now.

Most of the callers so far are left wingers, berating Starmer for not joining picket lines, and accusing him of running away from Corbyn's 'popular policies'. Others complaining that Labour (who are, the last time I looked, still in opposition after 12 years) has not transformed society.

As always, the people get the governments they deserve.

Sue in Hove: 'are you concerned about the number of people leaving the Labour party now' (I presume she means the disillusioned left wingers).

Give me strength :facepalm:

Train strikes have been planned during the Labour Party conference, you would think they would be better off disrupting the Tory conference given they are in power.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Train strikes have been planned during the Labour Party conference, you would think they would be better off disrupting the Tory conference given they are in power.

These union leaders are unlikely to be Labour members. More likely to be SWP. Either way they are likely to be the types still paying lip service to Corbyn and his great victory in the last general election.

I find these people incredibly easy to ignore.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
She is completely off her trolley, never mind thick.

Aspiration - Aspiration to rise from the son of a nurse and tool maker to head of the CPS and knight of the realm
South of the river - born in Southwark and grew up in Surrey.
:facepalm:

[tweet]1565049296398974976[/tweet]

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Two shitshows in one from Matt today...

Attachments

• 298262684_601342768274302_7262459067834905926_n.jpg
    298262684_601342768274302_7262459067834905926_n.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 239

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
She can’t even get the Hitler thumb point right. She does it like Kermit dances.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
She is completely off her trolley, never mind thick.

Aspiration - Aspiration to rise from the son of a nurse and tool maker to head of the CPS and knight of the realm
South of the river - born in Southwark and grew up in Surrey.
:facepalm:

[tweet]1565049296398974976[/tweet]
It’s terrifying that she will be sent out to represent the UK in international meetings. Hopefully other world leaders will soon learn to humour her and ignore the crap she comes up with whilst their aides talk to an adult from the civil service, if she doesn’t get rid of all of those in senior positions. Meanwhile our global reputation continues to plummet.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
It’s terrifying that she will be sent out to represent the UK in international meetings. Hopefully other world leaders will soon learn to humour her and ignore the crap she comes up with whilst their aides talk to an adult from the civil service, if she doesn’t get rid of all of those in senior positions. Meanwhile our global reputation continues to plummet.

I think the rest of the world has it baked in that all the time the Tories are in charge the UK can’t be taken seriously.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
All he ever wanted was to have his name on the Eton roll of honour of past Prime Ministers. That, and the privileges of No.10 and Chequers. The idea of actually doing any work was a complete anathema to him.

Exactly the same as Trump – it was all about the title and power, rather than doing the actual job. I don't believe a single word either of them say – full of hot air, empty promises and outright lies.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Not one to defend the Tories - but to be fair to him / the estate, they have raised the rent by 3%. The average rent rise in London up to July was around 15% https://www.theguardian.com/business/2022/jul/14/private-rents-in-uk-reach-record-highs-with-20-rises-in-manchester

That 15% average increase has taken the average rental price to £2257, but for a 3% increase to be £1000 a year, it means the rents were £2780 before the recent increase, already £522 higher than the average, now £1522 above average.
It might or might not be a fair increase for the properties in question.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here