Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
just observation, would expect this chaos lead to selling of £ and shares. both up today, who is PM doesnt matter.

Give it time....Johnson going now - will this boost or bash the markets?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[tweet]1544958072598237184[/tweet]

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
He's on his way, he's on his way, where he goes, we don't care, all we know ,he's on his way.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Signing it now….

C057688E-8EB9-4D30-8A4C-78AA1D066D5B.jpeg

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
He's going, but not yet. What's he going to do now?

Unlike most resigning PM's who stay until the new one is elected, I reckon he won't wait and will just leave.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
While others are pointing out that he mentioned a potential leadership bid, the most striking comment in that interview was that he said 'We made him PM'. By 'we', he's referring to the hardline Brexiters, ERG, etc. That illustrates just how much power and agency they collectively view themselves as holding.

And while everyone's talking about character, personality, and so forth, something else has been going on. Many within the ERG (Baker, Frost, Bridgen) have turned against Johnson citing the policy framework he's delivered. That's because Johnson hasn't delivered the Singapore-on-Thames that they want implemented. That means a flat tax (pay attention [MENTION=1200]Harry Wilson's tackle[/MENTION]), reductions in overall taxation, a privatised NHS, the rest of public services slashed, and so on.

What this actually illustrates is what was blindingly obvious in the first half of 2016: although many thought that the Leave/Remain option on the ballot paper was a binary choice, it wasn't; on the Remain side there was continuity, whille on the Leave side, there were multiple different visions that were articulated, so there was actually a one/many option on the ballot paper.
Now we've been subjected to Brexit, all the leading Brexiters are now basically saying, well this wasn't my vision of Brexit and if only this vision was implemented, all will be right with the world.
More fool those for being led on that particular merry dance. The tragedy is that they were predominantly old, and will leave the young with that mess. Ditto with Johnson. Ditto with the climate crisis.
I keep on saying: we need a different politics, a radically different politics. Those clinging to the notion of the centre are just as culpable as the Brexiters, Tories and Johnson.

There has always been an argument of 'better the devil you know'.

However, Big Dog has to go. He should never have been PM, this was inevitable everything that's happend was inevitable and it would have only got worse.

Thr Tory party will continue to in fight over the EU/Brexit for years to come, that's up to them.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
By the time he gets back from the Palace, Carrie will have done a runner and left a 'Dear Boris' note on the fridge.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
By the time he gets back from the Palace, Carrie will have done a runner and left a 'Dear Boris' note on the fridge.

Never mind I'm sure Nadine will be ready to take up the slack

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
They have an 80 seat majority... why would they want a general election?

You're right of course. They'll cling on for as long as possible. Can [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] and you get together to ensure as part of your moderating duties that you post every opinion poll in the interim period?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
PM can not be the current PM until Autumn that is just as MAD
It's desperation to clinging on in some form, resigning and leaving now would be a failure in his mind. " Caretaker " Prime Minister IS still Prime Minister so he keeps his job for a bit longer..

And hope something turns up ..... he has to go and go completely ...NOW

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

I was going to ask who was going to supervise the baby but, to be fair, he's been unsupervised since being London Mayor.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
bumble**** is always very short of cash and loves a ‘dodgy deal’ so it wouldn’t surprise me if he’s been paid to ‘**** off’.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It's desperation to clinging on in some form, resigning and leaving now would be a failure in his mind. " Caretaker " Prime Minister IS still Prime Minister so he keeps his job for a bit longer..

He will. Has finally agreed to resign and facilitate an orderly handover according to Sky. Would expect an interim PM to be announced very quickly followed by a leadership battle.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton

Yes my understanding is that he does not own a house he will have to rely on getting some of those kick backs from the people he has helped make billions from his Premiership, how corruption functions well in our society,

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here