Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Calling people stupid instead of engaging in civilized debate. Sums it up really. People such as yourself have driven many people away from the NSC political threads. I’m leaving this one.

He didn’t call you stupid. He said your belief in this government was stupid. There’s a vast difference.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Calling people stupid instead of engaging in civilized debate. Sums it up really. People such as yourself have driven many people away from the NSC political threads. I’m leaving this one.

But you have have just said that as long as we were out that’s fine, regardless of the carnage that has been left. I’m sorry but that is stupid.
BTW, I haven’t driven you away. You’ve just realised what you have said and how stupid it sounds and decided to do a runner.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
I am sure DP can defend themself, but I read it that the Government's plan to leave the EU with no plan was what was biblically stupid - not a poster on this thread.

Could be wrong though, I usually am :D

Belief in this mendacious government, belief in unspecific Brexit pledges and defence of the current Brexit arrangements are all biblically stupid.....

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Belief in this mendacious government, belief in unspecific Brexit pledges and defence of the current situation, claiming 'Brexit is done' are all biblically stupid.....

What IS this 'biblically stupid' expression all about?

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
I am sure DP can defend themself, but I read it that the Government's plan to leave the EU with no plan was what was biblically stupid - not a poster on this thread.

Could be wrong though, I usually am :D

I can and you are not. I actually find it depressing that a rational person could make such a statement regards Brexit.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
What IS this 'biblically stupid' expression all about?

I don’t know about anyone else but I first heard it used back in my navy days in the very early eighties by a church going petty officer. He used it to describe stupidity of the highest order ….

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Quince has now resigned

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

Well maybe, in the spirit of civilised debate, you could tell us your suggestion for resolving the Unimplementable Northern Ireland Protocol and the unimplementable Import controls ?

Oh I see you've left this thread, similar to any other thread where that question comes up :shrug:

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Resignations have resumed this morning.

Laura Trott resigns as a PPS. Suspect there will be many more of these low-level resignations today. The "rebels" are openly talking up that they think they have a majority for a vote of no confidence - so all that's left now is either Boris resigns or the 1922 (either the current 1922, or the new one next week) changes the rules and a VoNC takes him out.

Are there any cabinet level ministers we've not heard from yet? I lost track yesterday!

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Not a bad time to retire with all those covid ££££ I the bank

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Of course you could just explain why in your opinion leaving Brexit with a plan so bad that they are illegally ripping up parts of it was better than any of the alternatives. But I guess it's much easier to peddle the false narrative that you're being bullied.

Do you actually believe you leave the debate with the moral high ground? I can assure you that you don't. You're just running away.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Nadhim Zahawi as the new Chancellor.

Stable Government, warm, taxpayer funded stable Government.

Probably not what Theresa May meant.

So sad he chosen to continue propping up this corrupt cabal.

He also seems to have an obsession with Alastair Campbell, bit weird...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I don’t know about anyone else but I first heard it used back in my navy days in the very early eighties by a church going petty officer. He used it to describe stupidity of the highest order ….

There is a flood and there is a biblical flood (which covered the whole known world at the time) Basically, it's the extreme limit. Yes, My Dad got to Chief.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
So sad he chosen to continue propping up this corrupt cabal.

He also seems to have an obsession with Alastair Campbell, bit weird...

It's getting quite interesting. Popcorn, anyone?

[tweet]1544571221475577860[/tweet]

[tweet]1544583587776831488[/tweet]

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Although I can appreciate how happy the vast majority will be to see Johnson go (particularly amongst those who voted for him to lead the country for 5 years), I would temper the celebrations a little.

No matter who takes over as unelected PM (and if it's any member of the current Cabinet, there will be no change), the complete incompetence, corruption, dishonesty and inability to actually govern Britain whilst stumbling from crisis to crisis for the last 2 and a half years means this complete clusterf*** of an economy will not turn around any time soon, maybe a decade, regardless of who takes over or the result of the next election.

Getting rid of Johnson isn't going to make any of that go away. As I advised when he was elected, batten down the hatches and good luck everyone :(

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Although I can appreciate how happy the vast majority will be to see Johnson go (particularly amongst those who voted for him to lead the country for 5 years), I would temper the celebrations a little.

No matter who takes over as unelected PM (and if it's any member of the current Cabinet, there will be no change), the complete incompetence, corruption, dishonesty and inability to actually govern Britain whilst stumbling from crisis to crisis for the last 2 and a half years means this complete clusterf*** of an economy will not turn around any time soon, maybe a decade, regardless of who takes over or the result of the next election.

Yes, the damage is already done. And yes, it's going to take time to turn it around. But the sooner we get someone with even a shred more competence than Boris in as PM, the better. Ideally someone with enough competence to pick a cabinet based on ability to do the job rather than being a Boris crony.

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
I think there is a cunning plan at play here.

The Conservatives already realise they won't win the next election.
What they're going to do is ride this out for as long as possible so that all of the unscrupulous, immoral, corrupt parts of their party are left behind. These will then become unelectable and unfit to stand as MPs or candidates and the purge will begin.

Ending these careers could just be the best thing to happen to the Conservative party ever.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here