Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
its funny how again the lies and cover up of them is more damaging than the original incident. i cant understand why they've lied about knowing Pincher's past form when it was a matter in public domain, instead of a different tack. nothing is planned, everything is done on the hoof.

They just don’t give a ****. They think they’re untouchable.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
its funny how again the lies and cover up of them is more damaging than the original incident. i cant understand why they've lied about knowing Pincher's past form when it was a matter in public domain, instead of a different tack. nothing is planned, everything is done on the hoof.

Laura Kuenssberg said much the same thing a few weeks ago. Freed of her BBC role and responsibilities, she commented that the government objective seems to be to just get through the day, without worrying about the longer term consequences of their actions.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
BJ still has some defenders left..

Veteran Conservative MP Peter Bone says many members of the opposition benches turn up to the Commons to "bash Boris".

He asks if normal constituents are bothered by "an MP they've never heard of" or if they are more bothered by "the biggest tax reduction in decades" due tomorrow when the national insurance threshold is raised by £3,000.

"When it comes to policies, they don't raise the issues," Michael Ellis replies, saying that opposition parties deal in personal attacks.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box

Veteran Conservative MP Peter Bone says many members of the opposition benches turn up to the Commons to "bash Boris".

He asks if normal constituents are bothered by "an MP they've never heard of" or if they are more bothered by "the biggest tax reduction in decades" due tomorrow when the national insurance threshold is raised by £3,000.

"When it comes to policies, they don't raise the issues," Michael Ellis replies, saying that opposition parties deal in personal attacks.

And yet YouGov currently showing Boris as -61% trustworthy rating (minus f**king 61!)

Some Tories really are living in a dream world or are willfully blind. The opposition don't need to "bash Boris". It's entirely self-inflicted.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

Peter Bone really does exist in a parallel universe where he conducts imagined conversations with fictional constituents and then blunders onto the airwaves to loyally recount them.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Peter Bone looks about 20 years older than he is which makes me seem a bit mean calling him a ****ing dinosaur doesn't it.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Definitely starting to feel like Boris has finally made the switch from walking wounded to fatally wounded. Just a matter of time now:

[tweet]1544280092964261945[/tweet]

[tweet]1544307756269715456[/tweet]

[tweet]1544334382571442176[/tweet]

[tweet]1544334854472585219[/tweet]

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Assuming Johnson is still PM by the time the next general election comes around, I can see Bone being the number one candidate for being unceremoniously booted upstairs into the Lords so Boris can be parachuted into his Wellingborough constituency.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Definitely starting to feel like Boris has finally made the switch from walking wounded to fatally wounded. Just a matter of time now:

[tweet]1544280092964261945[/tweet]

[tweet]1544307756269715456[/tweet]

[tweet]1544334382571442176[/tweet]

[tweet]1544334854472585219[/tweet]

I agree that this feels terminal now.

However, I have been surprised at the extent of Johnson's brass neck before. SURELY the sheer weight of Tory numbers turning on him makes his position untenable? If he survives this, it just shows that the MPs aren't the ones with the power - it's the party donors that pull the strings. If they see any use for keeping Johnson in post, he will stay.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
[tweet]1544328118395371520[/tweet]

Author of the above tweet has a few other choice things to share that definitely makes it sound like we could be seeing the end of Boris as PM before the end of the month.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
PM knew nothing.
PM was unaware of serious incidents.
PM was unaware of specific serious incidents.
PM knew everything but forgot.

Jesus, it’s so transparently mendacious and, ultimately, tiresome, which is what I imagine the PM is counting on. Do we have the collective bandwidth to accurately recall just how much the role of PM is being debased?

I’ll certainly never forget but I suspect the majority of people are too busy getting through busy lives to care.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
And so it begins…

[tweet]1544366738199961600[/tweet]

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
All the rats are abandoning HMS Boris

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports