Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
But, but, but. He said he wasn't aware, didn't he?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-62040915

This is what Johnson knew prior to appointing Pincher the Pincher to the cabinet in February:

“An official complaint was raised about Mr Pincher for ‘inappropriate behaviour’ and it triggered a process, overseen by the Cabinet Office, which resulted in a report that confirmed misconduct.”

Like most on here, if I’d have had this sort of misconduct confirmed at my workplace, I’d be sacked. PtP got promotion.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
You’re not suggesting BJ has lied are you ? :eek:

c7ebeda087856995589eff515b629edb5419843bb162d78b70df3ff7c7244cdd.jpg

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Wow!

It absolutely beggars belief that that despicable **** Johnson is still in power now and that he can carry on after this yet the hugely depressing thing is we all know he will. He is absolute scum and he is dragging this country down with him.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Some absolute plum on radio 5 defending the groper, "decent man, and who hasn't stepped over the line after too many drinks?", etc.

Who was that plum? Step forward, Michael Fabric*nt. What a guy :facepalm:

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Boris Johnson’s claim that he was not aware of prior specific allegations against Chris Pincher is falling apart, after a former top civil servant wrote a formal letter to allege that Downing Street’s version of events was untrue.

In a highly unusual move, Simon McDonald, who had been the most senior official in the Foreign Office and is now a crossbench peer, told the parliamentary standards commissioner that the prime minister was briefed in person about a 2019 complaint of alleged groping by the former Conservative deputy chief whip.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Johnson allegedly said ‘Pincher by name, pincher by nature’ in 2020. If that quote is accurate, and personally I can imagine him saying it, that shows he was clearly aware that there might be some issues appointing him to Whip role.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[tweet]1544245691215757312[/tweet]

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
A Civil Servant with 17 years experience of working with government has just spoken on air with James O'Brien and said that this mornings lies have to be the last straw. He's urging colleagues to resign or walk out due to the continued lies of Johnson and Raab.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Christ :lolol: ...the faces around that Cabinet table.

Looks like they are finally as utterly sick of the sound of his voice and the incoherent, vacuous jumble of meaningless words as the rest of us.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
A Civil Servant with 17 years experience of working with government has just spoken on air with James O'Brien and said that this mornings lies have to be the last straw. He's urging colleagues to resign or walk out due to the continued lies of Johnson and Raab.

The anonymous Civil Service tweeter has been telling us since May 2020.
https://twitter.com/ThatCivilTweet

Arrogant and offensive. Can you imagine having to work with these truth twisters?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Christ :lolol: ...the faces around that Cabinet table.

Looks like they are finally as utterly sick of the sound of his voice and the incoherent, vacuous jumble of meaningless words as the rest of us.

The thousand yard stare on Dorries is I think particularly telling. She's his #1 fan and even she looks like she's contemplating what comes next.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
[tweet]1544245691215757312[/tweet]

Play it from 2.00 minutes. He inadvertently admits that inward investment is not what it could be, but quickly corrects himself.

'Get these national investors come and invest in this country' (slight pause and up the emphasis) 'in the way that they are'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here