Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I also like being shown that I'm wrong, and have had to revise a fair few of my views over the years but, just in case you hadn't noticed, I can and do dig in hard when I think the need is there.
In terms of UK parties and PR, I'd add that things have changed enormously for Labour since the turn of the millennium. Prior to that, FPTP has worked brilliantly for them, despite the fact that the Tories have governed for 70 years or so out over the past century (clue: Labour have governed in the remaining years). The loss of Scottish MPs as a result of the rise of the SNP means that forming a majority government becomes increasingly unlikely. While most will not engage with talk about PR, pacts, etc this side of an election, there may be some movement on the other side (or going into the following one). I say this, because I'm now increasingly convinced that the next government won't be a Tory one, irrespective of what they do with Johnson.

:salute:

I'm telling myself the tories will certainly win the next GE, in the hope I'll be pleasantly surprised by the outcome.

Yes, those pesky SNPers. Talk about putting a tartan spanner in the works for labour.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
I also like being shown that I'm wrong, and have had to revise a fair few of my views over the years but, just in case you hadn't noticed, I can and do dig in hard when I think the need is there.
In terms of UK parties and PR, I'd add that things have changed enormously for Labour since the turn of the millennium. Prior to that, FPTP has worked brilliantly for them, despite the fact that the Tories have governed for 70 years or so out over the past century (clue: Labour have governed in the remaining years). The loss of Scottish MPs as a result of the rise of the SNP means that forming a majority government becomes increasingly unlikely. While most will not engage with talk about PR, pacts, etc this side of an election, there may be some movement on the other side (or going into the following one). I say this, because I'm now increasingly convinced that the next government won't be a Tory one, irrespective of what they do with Johnson.

My thinking is heading that way too. I think we'll get a minority Labour as the party with the most seats, and they'll need to form some sort of pact with either the Lib Dems (to include electoral reform?) or the SNP (they'll want IndyRef2 in return).

having said that, if Sturgeon and the SNP continue to lose popularity in Scotland and Labour continues to recover, it's plausible they could squeak home a tiny majority off the back of nicking a few Scottish seats.

D

Deleted member 2719

Report it to the moderators.

You can't report mods to mods though.

That's why he posts under that account.

Anyway, he is gone now, he can find another victim to continue sniping at.:thumbsup:

Don't you find this thread very negative?

Perhaps some posters should rant on twitter, rather than keep agreeing with one another on here.

When does the football season start TB we can all be positive then.:lolol:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
:salute:

I'm telling myself the tories will certainly win the next GE, in the hope I'll be pleasantly surprised by the outcome.

Yes, those pesky SNPers. Talk about putting a tartan spanner in the works for labour.

That's the irony. Vote SNP, get the Tories

It should be Labour's campaign slogan north of the border. If Labour has Scotland Johnson and co would be blown away...

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Boris Johnson has raised the spectre of a 1970s-style “wage-price spiral” that could force the Bank of England to push up interest rates dramatically, if workers demand to be compensated for rocketing prices."

Blaming the little men again...

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Boris Johnson has raised the spectre of a 1970s-style “wage-price spiral” that could force the Bank of England to push up interest rates dramatically, if workers demand to be compensated for rocketing prices."

Blaming the little men again...

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

What we need is a trade war with hefty tariffs to spice things up a bit!!!!

Last edited:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
You can't report mods to mods though.

That's why he posts under that account.

Lever isn't a mod first or second account and you can report any post you damn well please, even one by Bozza.

You seem to have a terrible grip on rules and regulations, which is presumably why you missed out on your kids' free football shirt, tried to bend the rules with them at parkrun (again, not actually YOUR fault in your opinion) and, presumably why you support Boris getting on the shant while we were all locked up.

Did you ever stop to consider if it might be you?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
That makes absolutely no sense lol

Shouldn’t be shocked

:D Not a lot of it does. I live right on the edge of the ‘Northern Arc’ development……difficult to work out even with the plans. An old schoolmate of mine is coincidentally the CS on the project - loads more land been bought up locally already that’s not public yet :down::down:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It was a secret ballot but Johnson is being told to find out who voted against him to sack them. It is almost a dictatorship. Almost.

[tweet]1534501165525831680[/tweet]

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Lever isn't a mod first or second account and you can report any post you damn well please, even one by Bozza.

You seem to have a terrible grip on rules and regulations, which is presumably why you missed out on your kids' free football shirt, tried to bend the rules with them at parkrun (again, not actually YOUR fault in your opinion) and, presumably why you support Boris getting on the shant while we were all locked up.

Did you ever stop to consider if it might be you?

Gotta say, you guys (The Mods) have the patience of saints.

I'd go mad on here not being able to set certain posters to 'ignore'.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[tweet]1534896946560770048[/tweet]

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
:D Not a lot of it does. I live right on the edge of the ‘Northern Arc’ development……difficult to work out even with the plans. An old schoolmate of mine is coincidentally the CS on the project - loads more land been bought up locally already that’s not public yet :down::down:
Even more difficult to work out is why Tory controlled MSDC now think the Burgess Hill Northern Arc could be a part of Ansty, ignoring the recommendation of their own officers. This means council tax would go to the Ansty Parish Council rather than Burgess Hill Town Council. It is I am sure a simple coincidence that the Chair of the Committee recommending this course of action represents Ansty on MSDC.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[tweet]1534928847140888578[/tweet]

[tweet]1534929076854607874[/tweet]

[tweet]1534929282073509888[/tweet]

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
[tweet]1534928847140888578[/tweet]

Not surprising when some local candidates down here post Islamophobic jokes on Facebook or threaten to kick cyclists off their bikes.

The standard really isn't that high. Right wing race to the bottom

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[tweet]1534987771542224919[/tweet]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here