Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Pro-Boris MP count now up to 124. Creeping up, but it won't make 180 before the voting starts. Still - expect him to win, but the anti-Boris vote should be plenty big enough to inflict a fatal wound. Will then just be a matter of how long he takes to bleed out.

Yep, he's toast.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Leader of Scottish Conservatives to vote against Johnson

Douglas Ross has just announced he will not support the prime minister in the vote, which begins in just over an hour...

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
One of those calling for Boris Johnson to go - Brexiteer Steve Baker - left before the end of the meeting.

He told the BBC the PM had "risen to the occasion" and made a "strong case" for remaining in power.

Baker added that Johnson is likely to win the confidence vote later - but he'll still be casting his ballot against the PM.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

Douglas Ross has just announced he will not support the prime minister in the vote, which begins in just over an hour...

They can see a SNP/Labour partnership based on a independence vote.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

Leader of Scottish Conservatives to vote for Johnson after changing his mind again.

Douglas Ross has just announced he will support the prime minister in the vote, which begins in just over an hour...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Leader of Scottish Conservatives to vote for Johnson after changing his mind again.

Douglas Ross has just announced he will support the prime minister in the vote, which begins in just over an hour...

He's been got at.

Some wag was saying Johnson was promising jobs to those to persuade them to change their minds. He will have 37 Home Secretaries and 25 Foreign Secretaries.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
[tweet]1533840986132164609[/tweet]

As a reminder: when May won her no confidence vote, she had more than enough public backers that everyone knew she would win by 1pm. For Boris to still be short by as much as he is should be sounding alarm bells for him.

I'm still expecting him to win. But I suspect the margin will be narrow enough that the damage will have been done.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
He'll just ignore this.

The line will be... "No leader has 100% confidence. I hear that you want change. Let's get on and deliver."

He's a liar and a slob. He'll just hang on until he is dragged out kicking and screaming like the child that he is.

The new line is already being trotted out by JRM and Mad Dorries - "1 vote is enough"

He's here to stay.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
[tweet]1533840986132164609[/tweet]

As a reminder: when May won her no confidence vote, she had more than enough public backers that everyone knew she would win by 1pm. For Boris to still be short by as much as he is should be sounding alarm bells for him.

I'm still expecting him to win. But I suspect the margin will be narrow enough that the damage will have been done.

Definitely this I reckon……scraping home by the skin of his teeth (if he does) won’t be enough now. Can those currently indicating their support flip before the actual vote ? Overall lack of support might encourage a few more to try to bin him off.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[tweet]1533838873909940224[/tweet]

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Nadine does it again. She could become a liability to him, with a bit of luck.

[tweet]1533808096308518912[/tweet]

[tweet]1533798992626204673[/tweet]

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
The Conservative MP Sir Robert Syms says he will vote against Boris Johnson this evening

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here