Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Public support for Boris by MPs is now up to 114. At the current rate of growth, that tally won't reach 180 before the actual voting starts at 6pm. Will be more like 140ish. So ... suspect the vote will be a lot tighter than what Boris and his supporters would prefer. How many of those who've tweeted support might actually vote against in private remains to be seen - but I would expect some of them have tweeted only to protect their jobs in any reshuffle if Boris wins.

[tweet]1533820986184933376[/tweet]

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
I think if the votes against are around 120 or above, any ‘victory’ will be fairly pyrrhic (to use a phrase the bungle**** should understand).

He might hang on for a bit longer, but that would be about it.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Angela Richardson, the Conservative MP for Guildford, has issued a statement on Facebook saying she will vote against Boris Johnson this evening.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

That is interesting given she got her seat off the back of predecessor (Anne Milton) getting booted out for having principles.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
So he's now
1 - Admitting that He's not very good at governing
2- Peeing off his cabinet and Ministers

He's gone, surely.

Does seem like VERY bad timing to be threatening the jobs of the people whose votes you are literally hours away from relying on....?!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
[tweet]1533748979103588354[/tweet]

Incredible that this - any of this - is real.

The stupidest and weirdest cabinet in history - and that's up against some pretty firm opposition.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Incredible that this - any of this - is real.

The stupidest and weirdest cabinet in history - and that's up against some pretty firm opposition.

Plot (if there ever was one apart from feathering their nests and those of their pals) has been totally lost and they’re now eating each other……will soon be over for most of them.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I think if the votes against are around 120 or above, any ‘victory’ will be fairly pyrrhic (to use a phrase the bungle**** should understand).

He might hang on for a bit longer, but that would be about it.

He won’t be going anywhere, It’s debatable he’s an actual Tory - so he won’t give much care about the party, let alone the country

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Pro-Boris MP count now up to 124. Creeping up, but it won't make 180 before the voting starts. Still - expect him to win, but the anti-Boris vote should be plenty big enough to inflict a fatal wound. Will then just be a matter of how long he takes to bleed out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here