Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I can.
My Mum died on the 8th May 2020 and was cremated on the 28th.
I don't hate Johnson anymore today than I did when he was Mayor and then PM, I knew it was coming, I am not surprised.
In fact, the truth is, the party although ridiculously stupid and totally insensitive, is not overly important apart from the fact that I hope that finally it leads to his downfall.
Have people totally forgotten all of the things he did politically before and since he became PM, including Brexit.
He should have been thrown out and publicly flogged when he said let the virus rip and pile them high while at the same time due to being so weak and unable to make tough decisions in case he will not be liked which lead to thousands of unnecessary deaths.
The fact that he is still PM and able to attend this party is disgusting.

100% agree.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Goodbye, Mr. Johnson.

The only thing that could make this any better would be if the self-entitled cock had just been forced to take out a personal loan for over one hundred grand to do up the flat that comes with the job.

Oh.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
He has been told to organise an apology for today. I suspect he would be better placed finding a friendly country where he and Carrie Antionette can live out their years in exile. Traitor!!

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Sir Keir Starmer QC has passed a late fitness test/LFT and makes the match day line up to ask the questions today.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Let’s hope so, but I won’t believe it until it happens.
Indeed, will it happen?

In all honesty? No. He’s not going anywhere. He will brush this aside like he’s done all the other criminal allegations he’s faced since his young adulthood.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
In all honesty? No. He’s not going anywhere. He will brush this aside like he’s done all the other criminal allegations he’s faced since his young adulthood.

Agree, again he will wriggle has way out of it and somehow some will start seeing him an a victim.

The tipping point for the Tories is where Johnson changes from being an asset to a liability. I think we are close to that, I know about a couple of Brexit headbangers in my own family that are now having buyers remorse.

The party priority is power at all costs, if that is in danger he will be gone

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
This is getting really tedious. I have had to write yet another letter* to my (Tory) MP....if only Boris would resign, I could get back to more useful things.

*In all its glory:

Dear X,

I - like most - have lost count of the number of parties held by Downing Street during lockdown in 2020. The excuses proferred by the Number 10 Team (and whichever unfortunate Minister has to front up on national media) are becoming more and more tenuous. Indeed, the excuses make things far worse….for example, the implication that somehow only the PM’s team have been working hard during the pandemic (and therefore are excused such parties) is frankly insulting. It is also becoming increasingly apparent that senior politicians and their aides regularly drink alcohol at work events!! What would happen to this country if normal businesses operated like this Government?

I am aware that you lost your own father in the early days of the pandemic, and were prevented from being at his side as you abided by the rules in place. It must be all the more galling for you to know that the man who imposed those rules was regularly flouting them. Why on earth should any UK resident continue to observe any Covid-related rule (indeed, any rule) given the impunity with which the Prime Minister and his officials break them?

I despair at the brazen lying and obvious corruption that has become endemic in government the past few years. This country needs to be properly governed, and that is an impossibility whilst Boris Johnson remains our Prime Minister.

Yours sincerely,

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
This is getting really tedious. I have had to write yet another letter* to my (Tory) MP....if only Boris would resign, I could get back to more useful things.

*In all its glory:

Dear X,

I - like most - have lost count of the number of parties held by Downing Street during lockdown in 2020. The excuses proferred by the Number 10 Team (and whichever unfortunate Minister has to front up on national media) are becoming more and more tenuous. Indeed, the excuses make things far worse….for example, the implication that somehow only the PM’s team have been working hard during the pandemic (and therefore are excused such parties) is frankly insulting. It is also becoming increasingly apparent that senior politicians and their aides regularly drink alcohol at work events!! What would happen to this country if normal businesses operated like this Government?

I am aware that you lost your own father in the early days of the pandemic, and were prevented from being at his side as you abided by the rules in place. It must be all the more galling for you to know that the man who imposed those rules was regularly flouting them. Why on earth should any UK resident continue to observe any Covid-related rule (indeed, any rule) given the impunity with which the Prime Minister and his officials break them?

I despair at the brazen lying and obvious corruption that has become endemic in government the past few years. This country needs to be properly governed, and that is an impossibility whilst Boris Johnson remains our Prime Minister.

Yours sincerely,

He lost his mother, the old man is still about pinching bottoms

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Sir Keir Starmer QC has passed a late fitness test/LFT and makes the match day line up to ask the questions today.
Sick note Starmer only turns up for the easy matches.The Blue team are in disarray , the manager has apparently lost the dressing room ...shirley only someone with Corbyn levels of incompetence could fail to slot home in that gaping open goal?

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Sick note Starmer only turns up for the easy matches.The Blue team are in disarray , the manager has apparently lost the dressing room ...shirley only someone with Corbyn levels of incompetence could fail to slot home in that gaping open goal?

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

I don’t think that Starmer wants Johnson out yet. It would give his successor a good run up to the next election, time to bring in tax cuts, and bribe the electorate again. Johnson has become a joke, and not in that we’re all laughing with, more like the one we’re all laughing at.

The Tories will want Johnson to remain in his position for another year, then resign due to long Covid or some such bollox.

The next election is 2 years away, at least.

Anyway, on to the more important stuff, is PMQs today, bring your own booze?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I read a tweet suggesting that this is the ultimate àrsehole-litmus-test - if you back or protect or excuse Johnson, that’s what you are. It’s not always simple but this time it really is.

I think I'd agree, and reading [MENTION=13368]BLOCK F[/MENTION] (someone whose views I respect despite being a died-in-the-wool Tory) wants him gone only reaffirms that view. Johnson has to go, he's just a dreadful man and the worst PM we've ever had. If he had a shred of decency, he'd have gone long ago.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here

This, he's teflon, he's bang to rights, he won't admit to anything and he'll just ignore all the shit that comes his way. He's been doing it all his life so he isn't going to have a "Road to Damascus" experience now!

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
and sadly Angela Rayner isn't anywhere near up to the task of bringing him down.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I read a tweet suggesting that this is the ultimate àrsehole-litmus-test - if you back or protect or excuse Johnson, that’s what you are. It’s not always simple but this time it really is.

I think I'd agree, and reading [MENTION=13368]BLOCK F[/MENTION] (someone whose views I respect despite being a died-in-the-wool Tory) wants him gone only reaffirms that view. Johnson has to go, he's just a dreadful man and the worst PM we've ever had. If he had a shred of decency, he'd have gone long ago.

The Tories have an opportunity here, not a problem.

No-one does long knives like the Tories. And it's a perfect time to play 'Dump the Leader'.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
and sadly Angela Rayner isn't anywhere near up to the task of bringing him down.

Yep. Her non-membership of the 1922 Committee, ERG, CRG or her not owning a British Newspaper all make her unsuitable.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here