Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
So a rerun of the Heathrow expansion thing from some time ago which Bozo won by opposing despite it being Government policy and when it happened he didn’t lift a finger to do anything about it?

Or Lib Dems over "Falmer" etc...

Local opportunism.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
The ULEZ thing is also more popular than not in central London. whatever you read in the press.

I understand we have the lowest car ownership per household in the country (obviously) and the air quality is appalling especially in the summer.

A Tory policy I fully support. Thank you Boris,

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
A lovely little Golden Handshake given to Truss and Kwarteng, following their absolutely catastrophic brief spell with their hands on the tiller:

Truss received £18,660 after spending 49 days in office – equating to £381 a day, while Kwarteng was given £16,876 after 38 days as chancellor – the equivalent to £444. A spokesperson for Truss declined to comment, while Kwarteng did not respond to a request to do so.

Truly spectacular. Well done everyone :clap2:

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
A lovely little Golden Handshake given to Truss and Kwarteng, following their absolutely catastrophic brief spell with their hands on the tiller:

Truss received £18,660 after spending 49 days in office – equating to £381 a day, while Kwarteng was given £16,876 after 38 days as chancellor – the equivalent to £444. A spokesperson for Truss declined to comment, while Kwarteng did not respond to a request to do so.

Liz Truss Cheese GIF by GIPHY News

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008

Shocking. Before my favourite Tory-accuser Roger turns up, it’s pennies compared to what even mid-level CEO’s receive. She’s only going to waste it on pork markets anyway.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
So these barges they've got in.

£1.6bn for 5 barges for 2 years. Which they still can't get into a port anywhere.

If they can get all 5 moored, they can get 2000 people in then, out of 175,000 people seeking asylum.

Apparently this is more expensive that if they had put them all in the worlds most luxurious cruise liner. Apparently also this is £400,000 per person per year

There was never a tender process for the purchase of these barges.

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
I have put a cheeky tenner on Selby and Ainsty still voting Tory @ 6/1. The Labour candidate is called 'Keir Mather' .... I went to Selby 20 years ago and the people I met were almost cartoonish North Yorkshire. ...

ex mining community with brass door knockers on the houses they got on the cheap

Surrounding countryside was gorgeous.

f*** knows what they're like now but I'm gambling that they won't vote for someone named Keir who reckons 'It's time for a Change' . ....But will vote for someone called Claire who is 'putting North Yorkshire First'.
I think the Tories will edge this. My ex-work had a branch in the area and a lot of people in who combine snobbery and grievance (about pretty much everything). A perfect toxic Tory mix.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West

£1.6bn for 5 barges for 2 years. Which they still can't get into a port anywhere.

If they can get all 5 moored, they can get 2000 people in then, out of 175,000 people seeking asylum.

Apparently this is more expensive that if they had put them all in the worlds most luxurious cruise liner. Apparently also this is £400,000 per person per year

There’s also another option, which was obvious several years ago - which is to process people’s applications quicker!! Much, much cheaper. But with Home Secretaries like Patel and Braverman, their preference was always to go for the expensive and cruel option.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
There’s also another option, which was obvious several years ago - which is to process people’s applications quicker!! Much, much cheaper. But with Home Secretaries like Patel and Braverman, their preference was always to go for the expensive and cruel option.
£1.6 Bn, would pay for a lot of home office staff to deal with the applications.

But then, where would the kick backs be if they just did that?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

That's because it was never about Asylum or Immigration or anything that had any sort of cost/benefit. If it was then, as anyone with even a basic understanding would know, investing in a proper asylum system and putting back in place all the the legal asylum routes that these nasty little f***ers shut down would be the most sensible economic solution and would resolve the issue quickly and efficiently.

It's simply about convincing enough of the terminally naïve to vote for them again in order to retain power with money no object. Asylum/Immigration is always a vote winner within a certain demographic.

The last thing they would want is to resolve 'The Asylum Problem'. If that was the case why spend all that money, time and effort creating it over the last 7 years:shrug:

_127481167_eed9f80c-90d0-4104-b10f-a6dd90a15302.jpg

Last edited:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
In other news the front page of the Express today is officially the stupidest thing I’ve ever read. It makes my eyes bleed. I can only assume it was written by one of de Pfeffel’s bastards on work experience from year 8 of Eton.

These people celebrate stupidity.

2342E438-1BEB-4B89-8CF9-A5531C1B571B.jpeg

Jul 20, 2003
In other news the front page of the Express today is officially the stupidest thing I’ve ever read. It makes my eyes bleed. I can only assume it was written by one of de Pfeffel’s bastards on work experience from year 8 of Eton.

View attachment 163851

I thought Sunak said people need a good understanding of maths to get ahead?

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria

View attachment 163851
I saw that in the shop today - and couldn't work out if they were totally stupid, or misguided, or quite what.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here