Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

I like the way Marina went straight for the culture wars BS and how its just a distraction for the real Tories failures for the last 13 years.

Interest views from the 19th century man...

High energy costs all down to green policies (fracking will save us), Frost's TCA was a great deal, still cheaper food and clothing one day.....

Last edited:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
So Under 18's won't be sent to Rwanda immediately, they're be held till their 18th birthday and then kicked out

Sounds like a workable well thought out plan AGAIN...

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I thought we didn’t post clips of GB News because of their bias and lack of credibility in reporting political and social issues?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I thought we didn’t post clips of GB News because of their bias and lack of credibility in reporting political and social issues?
I guess if they had more segments that give both side of the discussion equal billing, they might be less bias with more credibility.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
They went to same public school but they weren't former 'school mates'. They were four years apart. Classic headline drama.

Don't make me stand up for Tories.
Having attended public school I would say that attending the same school, even at different times pretty much makes you school mates. It’s like the Masons. They all look out for each other. And it would have been a big part of him getting the job.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Having attended public school I would say that attending the same school, even at different times pretty much makes you school mates. It’s like the Masons. They all look out for each other. And it would have been a big part of him getting the job.
Hence the reference I made in my previous post about the 'old school tie network'.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Just a word of caution here from another public school boy; there are some I was at school with that I wouldn’t piss on if they were on fire, probably even now, and I left school 57 years ago!
They were tossers of the first order, and for all I know, may well have been for the rest of their lives. I can recall, a few years ago, a bloke from school obviously found me on FB and sent me a Friend Request. I said to my wife, good god, he was a real c—t , I couldn’t possibly have him as a ‘Friend’!😄.On the other hand, there are one or two good blokes and friends from all those years ago, that I still keep in touch with now.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Just a word of caution here from another public school boy; there are some I was at school with that I wouldn’t piss on if they were on fire, probably even now, and I left school 57 years ago!
They were tossers of the first order, and for all I know, may well have been for the rest of their lives. I can recall, a few years ago, a bloke from school obviously found me on FB and sent me a Friend Request. I said to my wife, good god, he was a real c—t , I couldn’t possibly have him as a ‘Friend’!😄.On the other hand, there are one or two good blokes and friends from all those years ago, that I still keep in touch with now.
😂

I cut all ties with my boarding school as soon as I left.
Couldn’t stand the place. I was there on a charity scholarship and boy! Did they remind me of that as often as they could. Pupils and Masters alike. I’m sure nowadays it would be well kept information and not disclosed who was on a charity ticket.

But they can sniff poor out. They know their own and they know when the ranks have been infiltrated 🤣

Didn’t keep in touch with anyone. I wasn’t popular. I wasn’t bullied, I just wasn’t liked.

The friends I made at 6th form college however, I remain close friends with to this day. Thirty years later we still all meet up once a month. And one of them, still my best friend, we are in touch daily.

So I think I just wasn’t a fit for public school.

I’m sure it’s good for some people. But not for me, Clive.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here