Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Blackpool Tory MP Scott Benton filmed offering to lobby ministers, undercover operation by the Times...

He guaranteed he could leak a copy of a forthcoming white paper on gambling reforms to the company at least 48 hours before it went public, potentially allowing them to profit from market-sensitive information.

Last edited:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
A few years ago if a story like this had broken I would imagine a bit of panic in No.10.
Emergency meetings, people burning the midnight oil to spin and try to fix it. All a bit Shit! Rush! Bollocks!!

Now I imagine the news being given over a WhatsApp, the top dogs finishing their brandy, kissing their mistresses goodnight and off to sleep without a care in the world.

Whisk them lightly and turn them out into a spattling pot. Set aside.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
A few years ago if a story like this had broken I would imagine a bit of panic in No.10.
Emergency meetings, people burning the midnight oil to spin and try to fix it. All a bit Shit! Rush! Bollocks!!

Now I imagine the news being given over a WhatsApp, the top dogs finishing their brandy, kissing their mistresses goodnight and off to sleep without a care in the world.

Whisk them lightly and turn them out into a spattling pot. Set aside.
The Tories have normalised corruption in British politics

chickens

Have you considered masterly inactivity?
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
The Tories have normalised corruption in British politics
It’s part of a long-term global trend with Berlusconi, Trump, Johnson et al, not to mention Putin.

I don’t forgive this Conservative Party their venal self-interest, but as and when other parties hold power, we’ll discover the Conservative Party doesn’t hold the monopoly on greed and stupidity.

They are absolutely responsible for the universal decline of the last thirteen years however. Ideology and idiocy, dogma and decline.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Nepalese security guards who protected British embassy staff in Afghanistan, and who were airlifted to safety in the UK in August 2021, are now in detention and facing deportation. One of the guards, Bam Bahadur Gurung, a 37-year-old Nepalese national, worked in Afghanistan for more than a decade, first as a security guard and later as a supervising guard at the British and Canadian embassies in Kabul.

In June 2022 he received an email from the government’s Afghan Resettlement Team saying that his evacuation had been “a gesture of goodwill” and that he was not deemed eligible to stay in the UK as part of the Afghan Citizens Resettlement Scheme. On 27 March 2023 Gurung was among the group rounded up by the Home Office, then arrested and detained.

So we are now arresting, detaining and planning to deport the British Embassy guards in Afghanistan that we airlifted out of Kabul.

Maybe one of the few who are still defending this absolutely disgusting cabal that are in Government would like to explain the justification for this ?

F***ing ditches are too good for these ****s :rant:
13 Ghurkas have been removed and put in detention near Gatwick to be deported, some of whom had already been granted leave to stay.
The Home Office isn’t just making mistakes, it’s almost malicious.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
This government are making Britain a prime target for terrorist ire with all this.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
13 Ghurkas have been removed and put in detention near Gatwick to be deported, some of whom had already been granted leave to stay.
The Home Office isn’t just making mistakes, it’s almost malicious.

Some better news, but note the word paused.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
The Tory government's treatment of the Gurkhas is nothing short of shameful. They should all be <whatever the current politically correct equivalent of "ploughed into a ditch" is>

Voted out at the next election, which is the only feasible and sensible way of getting rid of a toxic government.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
The Tory government's treatment of the Gurkhas is nothing short of shameful. They should all be <whatever the current politically correct equivalent of "ploughed into a ditch" is>

I seem to recall in the dying embers of the last Labour government they tried to pick on the Gurkhas as part of a "look tough on the foreigners" initiative and it blew up in their faces, be ironic if the exact same thing ended up happening to this lot too.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I wonder what the “Gurkha tactic” is all about.
Is it a political party’s barometer?

“what can we get away with”?

Political party’s cannot be this deliberately blind to the public’s support for Gurkhas.

There’s something going on there. I can’t figure out what it is but there’s more than meets the eye , I reckon.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I seem to recall in the dying embers of the last Labour government they tried to pick on the Gurkhas as part of a "look tough on the foreigners" initiative and it blew up in their faces, be ironic if the exact same thing ended up happening to this lot too.
If there is ever a group its unwise to pick on, its the Gurkhas. Cue Joanna Lumley....

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
If there is ever a group its unwise to pick on, its the Gurkhas. Cue Joanna Lumley....
I tagged her yesterday along with Tom Tuguenhat (sp) as the deportation was meant to happen today. Thankfully, some of the press, and maybe the previously mentioned, jumped on the Home Office, to pause it.
Now, to get the orders rescinded.

Pass me the pitchfork.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

Martin Kettle says that contemporary Conservatives are no longer the stupid party, which was how John Stuart Mill described them. But Mill clarified his claim further: “I never meant to say that the Conservatives are generally stupid. I meant to say that stupid people are generally Conservative. I believe that is so obviously and universally admitted a principle that I hardly think that any gentleman will deny it.” I think that Mill’s conclusion still stands.
Mark Hebert
Needingworth, Cambridgeshire

I always thought it appropriate that an anagram of Nigel Lawson is “we all sign on”.
Greg Quiery
Liverpool

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Controversial?

Attachments

• 6bb3857d-b02c-478a-b093-dc87ba846da3.jpg
    6bb3857d-b02c-478a-b093-dc87ba846da3.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 68

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here