Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Didn't wind me up. Just observed the rantings from both sides, and was quite funny seeing your mates getting all frothy at the mouth as Baker Lite and the fella with numerous accounts wound them up.
Like I have said before, never voted never will. If I had to choose my favoured political era, would have been Smith era Labour.
How's the mirror looking after your sexist comments, your fat shaming comments, your mental health shaming comments and your alternative shaming comments.
Mentally ill, fat freak or something wasn't it. And no, my wife still hasn't cooked my tea.
x.
It was you inviting people to laugh at a mentally ill teenage girl. You're just as much of a snob.

LennyTee

Feb 28, 2019
Bedford
It was you inviting people to laugh at a mentally ill teenage girl. You're just as much of a snob.
Stop trying to deflect what you put.
I asked a question about her behavior and what would you do in that situation.
I didn't share any link to the incident at all.
The first response was asking for a link, I explained it was available but I wasn't going to share it.
Can you show me where I have invited people to laugh at a mentally ill child?
Because I can certainly refer people to your comments.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Watching his Q&A earlier, all the northern folk from North West were smitten with his money for female changing rooms (5.1 million on 20 changing rooms?) and a new town square.

“Eee, say what thee will about them Tory but that lovely Mr Sunak, e’s done reet good be us, we shall not be forgetting that come next elections. Nayer mind abat we can’t pays ooer bills, we’ll just put wood in th’ole and say ours prayers fe a grand summer ”

Forgetting that only a year ago he redirected funds from the North to wealthy areas in the south. And bragged about it. Arsehole.
Hope he turned the mic off when he got in the car

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Can you show me where I have invited people to laugh at a mentally ill child?
Yep - your thread was

And you said "I fall into the finding it funny group".

But I can show you a bit more. You see, I can check your IP address on your posts. Yours ties back to two other users. Theirs both tie back to yours. So, your claims that you've been a silent reader of NSC who have never posted seem to be a bit dodgy. Because one of those accounts, Professor P, seems to like Arsenal and post on controversial thread topics. Norwich gets a mention too.

Here's wanting Arsenal to win....

...who do you want to win.

I'll start...Arsenal

Here's more Arsenal stuff on an old Wenger thread

All about opinions of course so no offence but you hear this trotted out so often, particularly by people shouting on the radio. Arsenal aren't perfect but they are the only one of the big club that isn't indulging in gross financial doping in this country over the last 5-10 years. As someone else says here Man U, City, Chelsea (and you could probably add Liverpool and a load of others) simply aren't playing by any sort of rules. In a way who cares, good luck to them (until of course it goes properly tits up like Pompy) but I totally admire Arsenal for trying to secure their own future for generations. They haven’t sold out to some foreign mental with a big wad. Don't listen to all those Chelsea fans with very short memories...they are defying gravity and it will all eventually f*** up royally.

On a slightly side note, it's also laughable that Arsenal fans or any other think it’s their go given right to win trophies or be in the top 4. It isn't. It's called life. I heard one of them on the radio bemoaning the amazing rollercoaster they've been on in these barren years. You f***ing what? Champions League every year since it began (probably, I haven't bothered to check), amazing players in an amazing debt free stadium, nearly paid for? Not a very scary rollercoaster.

Here's a thread about white British people leaving London.
I left London 18 months ago after 20 years living there. There are lots of reasons, all amplified now I've got kids, but it basically comes down to the tangible air of menace hanging over the place.

I basically got sick of living with 9m moody twats, all feeling they were being disrespected. There are twats everywhere of course, but there are many more in london and my god they're moody.

(I haven't read the bbc article but I imagine that about sums it up)

And here's the Norwich mention
I quite like Norwich. You can't really beat London and Manc though.

Newcastle usually gets a mention. I'm glad it hasn't here. I spent a year there - its was bloody cold and everyone hated me.

And what loon voted for Luton? It's possibly the shittest place in the uk.

I guess people can have a read and see if they think the syntax on those posts matches yours. And then they can decide if you're a liar.

I wonder what I'll find on the other account........

chickens

Have you considered masterly inactivity?
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
Flippantly, my life. Generally f*** all.
Politics wise, the country has been a free flow shit show since Cameron ran away.
But if Blair wasn't a bit dodgy, we wouldn't have ended up with Cameron to start with.

I largely agree with you, though to my mind Cameron/Osborne are 100% responsible for, and the architects of, this incarnation of the Conservative Party, however unwittingly. Instead of telling the loonies in their party they were loony, they thought they could humour them then put them back in their box. Look how that turned out.

What do you think about the tribalism that leads someone to double (or even triple) down on a decision that clearly isn’t working out? Assuming you’re familiar with “sunk cost fallacy”:- is it as simple as that? Or are people picking a side like a football team, and it’s “my side right or wrong” regardless of policies, competence and probity?

You obviously feel you’ve seen enough to not want to vote yourself, and that’s interesting (and valid) in itself, so am interested if you’re inclined to share.

LennyTee

Feb 28, 2019
Bedford
Yep - your thread was

But I can show you a bit more. You see, I can check your IP address on your posts. Yours ties back to two other users. Theirs both tie back to yours. So, your claims that you've been a silent reader of NSC who have never posted seem to be a bit dodgy. Because one of those accounts, Professor P, seems to like Arsenal and post on controversial thread topics. Norwich gets a mention too.

I guess people can have a read and see if they think the syntax on those posts matches yours. And then they can decide if you're a liar.

f*** me you are desperate.
You did mental health shaming, you did fat shaming, you have done the old sexism. Am guessing you are feeling like a Met Police officer.
You are a f***ing joke.
In all my years of living in Brighton and reading this forum I have never heard of Professor P.
Even if I am this person you think I am, you still said what you did.

LennyTee

Feb 28, 2019
Bedford
Yep - your thread was

So I am Professor P from 2013. That's a f***ing long time to hold my tongue.
Stop floundering, be quiet, admit what you said and life moves on.

LennyTee

Feb 28, 2019
Bedford
I largely agree with you, though to my mind Cameron/Osborne are 100% responsible for, and the architects of, this incarnation of the Conservative Party, however unwittingly. Instead of telling the loonies in their party they were loony, they thought they could humour them then put them back in their box. Look how that turned out.

What do you think about the tribalism that leads someone to double (or even triple) down on a decision that clearly isn’t working out? Assuming you’re familiar with “sunk cost fallacy”:- is it as simple as that? Or are people picking a side like a football team, and it’s “my side right or wrong” regardless of policies, competence and probity?

You obviously feel you’ve seen enough to not want to vote yourself, and that’s interesting (and valid) in itself, so am interested if you’re inclined to share.
I agree Cameron is responsible for the shit show we have now. It's like a school teacher saying they were just nipping out and never came back.
But there appears to be no actual alternative that can galvanise the country.
The opposition can't even agree with themselves, anyone who even speaks diffsrently is stupid, the country is gone..
But in the morning, we wake up, life is still good.

LennyTee

Feb 28, 2019
Bedford
So I am Professor P from 2013. That's a f***ing long time to hold my tongue.
Stop floundering, be quiet, admit what you
Yep - your thread was

You aren't a Met Police officer by any chance? You are a joke and its catching up with you.

LennyTee

Feb 28, 2019
Bedford
:lolol:

You spent literally years getting wound up over Bear Pit posts, yet what finally got you to commit your words to the site were perceived slights against Norwich and Arsenal fans?

After which you're all over the politics and culture war threads?

Ok mate.
Is there a reason you can't defend your comments?
You really are pathetic.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I agree Cameron is responsible for the shit show we have now. It's like a school teacher saying they were just nipping out and never came back.
But there appears to be no actual alternative that can galvanise the country.
The opposition can't even agree with themselves, anyone who even speaks diffsrently is stupid, the country is gone..
But in the morning, we wake up, life is still good.
You don't need to galvanise the country, you just need more votes than the other lot.

The Tories are clearly saving up for tax cuts at the next election, but looking at polls the "general mood" is that the Tories need a decade in opposition to sort themselves out.

LennyTee

Feb 28, 2019
Bedford
You don't need to galvanise the country, you just need more votes than the other lot.

The Tories are clearly saving up for tax cuts at the next election, but looking at polls the "general mood" is that the Tories need a decade in opposition to sort themselves out.
And that is the sad thing, you just need more votes than the other lot. Look where that got us.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
And that is the sad thing, you just need more votes than the other lot. Look where that got us.

Relative stability compared to other countries with constant coalitions. I'm no fan of FPTP and would like an alternative vote but I digress...

You talk about a single party "galvanising the country". Sounds you are a fan of "one more vote than the other" because under a PR system no single party would need to bother.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
The Tories are supposedly meant to have a contemptuous and bigoted view of much of the electorate but from my experience on social media they come a poor second compared to some elements on the left...
Supposed by who ?

It's a game.

The Conservatives have got some themselves in such a mess they are now concentrating on their core vote. Remarkable since only a few years ago they were picking up votes in traditional Labour areas. It's a combination of running out of cash or promising cash they never had in the first place.

It's not a completely bonkers strategy (they are the most successful party political party in history) but the polls are saying it isn't working. I expect the only card they have in their back pocket is sweeping tax cuts at the next election that we are collectively saving up for them.

Labour are so far ahead in the polls for a number reasons.

1) The Tories have become so toxic that even a bland Starmer looks a better alternative.
2) At the expense of losing votes on the left, he's gained Kudos by stamping down on the more Corbynista elements in the party. Unlike the last three Conservative leaders who been forced to keep their extremist elements happy.
3) They are regaining the trust of traditional Labour voters who aren't interested in identity politics, don't care about Palestine and probably voted Brexit.
4) Aren't frightening the middle class Labour voters who buy fair trade coffee but don't want their house to lose value.

Compared to the Conservatives that's quite a complex shape shifting strategy that appears to be working. The Tories aren't bigoted and contemptuous., they've just run out of ideas.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here