Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Anybody heard Mr Sunak, splashing some cash on levelling up. He must be hoping this will land a few votes from those northern guys. I have to say he is coming over more human like today.
And he's appealing subliminally to the thicker members of society by travelling in a car without a seatbelt. What a guy!

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
And he's appealing subliminally to the thicker members of society by travelling in a car without a seatbelt. What a guy!
Yeah that was a bit stupid. But it’s an oversight innit, mini f*** up. It’s not like Johnson or Truss where every day was an actual f*** up which mattered

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Yeah that was a bit stupid. But it’s an oversight innit, mini f*** up. It’s not like Johnson or Truss where every day was an actual f*** up which mattered
Agree move on, pretty trivial..

More concerned whether the UK will have safe food and drink after the Tories repealed 4500 laws they don't understand and don't know what to replace them with.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Watching his Q&A earlier, all the northern folk from North West were smitten with his money for female changing rooms (5.1 million on 20 changing rooms?) and a new town square.

“Eee, say what thee will about them Tory but that lovely Mr Sunak, e’s done reet good be us, we shall not be forgetting that come next elections. Nayer mind abat we can’t pays ooer bills, we’ll just put wood in th’ole and say ours prayers fe a grand summer ”

Forgetting that only a year ago he redirected funds from the North to wealthy areas in the south. And bragged about it. Arsehole.
Some people follow the Tories like some people follow football team 'through thick and thin'. They remind me of the nobs who carried on backing Archer and Bellotti because you 'have to support the club'.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Some people follow the Tories like some people follow football team 'through thick and thin'. They remind me of the nobs who carried on backing Archer and Bellotti because you 'have to support the club'.
Being fixed on one party is so stupid. The Tories aren't the same party they were 5 years ago and nor are Labour. Just stiupidly tribal and usually ends in self harm

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Being fixed on one party is so stupid. The Tories aren't the same party they were 5 years ago and nor are Labour. Just stiupidly tribal and usually ends in self harm
And “defending” an obviously unimportant little gaffe like this is hardly tribalism. It’s just a shrug in the same way I’d shrug if it were Starmer.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
In other news, Diane Abbot takes off her seat belt in a moving car to film a video. Prepare the pitchfo.......

Wait? What was that? Oh, it was Sunak. Sorry, as you were.
I think Diane was busy deleting tweets.

DA1.jpg

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
And “defending” an obviously unimportant little gaffe like this is hardly tribalism. It’s just a shrug in the same way I’d shrug if it were Starmer.
But many voters wouldn't simply 'shrug' if it was Starmer, because the Tory press would tell them that this reflected his arrogance or carelessness, and that it was therefore a reason why he would not be a good Prime Minster.

Senior Tories regularly get away with things that Labour politicians would be absolutely crucified for, because of the pro-Tory bias and selective reporting of most newspapers.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I regularly encounter older voters who say "I remember when Labour was in government back in the 1970s and the state the country was in ... I could never vote for them."
I have one in my family, reads the Express.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Yet I regularly encounter older voters who say "I remember when Labour was in government back in the 1970s and the state the country was in ... I could never vote for them because of that."

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Yet I regularly encounter older voters who say "I remember when Labour was in government back in the 1970s and the state the country was in ... I could never vote for them because of that."
Its different now though, as the chaos will span across 2 decades. not 1...

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
I remember the 1970s. Don't remember:-

1) The near impossibility of getting a GP appointment
2) Nurses (or anybody else) having to use foodbanks
3) Waiting years for a NHS hospital appointment

Mind you, it was a long time ago now so my memory might be a bit hazy.

And for HWT: Can you imagine how bad things would have been in the 1970s if Jeremy Corbyn had been leader of the Labour Party? :lolol:

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I remember the 1970s. Don't remember:-

1) The near impossibility of getting a GP appointment
2) Nurses (or anybody else) having to use foodbanks
3) Waiting years for a NHS hospital appointment
My mum was very ill in the 1970s and I regularly had to call the doctor to come to her out of hours. I never got bounced around or told to call a generic helpline or take her to A&E; if I rang I got a doctor.
If she was able to get to the surgery she could get an appointment whenever she needed one (and, unfortunatly she needed a lot)

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

chickens

Have you considered masterly inactivity?
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
Frankly, until Brexit I didn't pay much attention to politics in this country. Has it always been like this? So many dishonest characters in top government roles..
There’s always been a few bad apples in each main party, but this is the first generation I can think of where the bad characters are running the party and actively sidelining any person or institution who might hold them to account. This makes Berlusconi look like an amateur.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Frankly, until Brexit I didn't pay much attention to politics in this country. Has it always been like this? So many dishonest characters in top government roles..
Politics has always had its corrupt figures in all parties. The difference now is that the Tory’s have got rid of all the good apples and have tried and largely succeeded in getting rid of ways to hold the bad ones accountable. And they are all bad.

Before, if someone was caught on the fiddle or in a scandal, the party would publicly condemn them and they would step down.

Now they help them cover it up and welcome them further into the fold.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here