Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
In summary

“ We did nothing wrong. I’m sorry of you think it looked like we did”

Oh do **** off.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
He just treats it all like he's in the headmaster's study at Eton for another frightful wigging.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Starmer asks whether the PM "wil do the decent thing and resign".

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Johnson really does think we're all idiots, doesn't he?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
its a bit tedious asking 3-4 times "you broke the rules, will you resign", when the answer will the same "wait for the inquiry" every time. try a different tack or different subject to wrong foot him, he's preped and briefed for this.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon
absolutely shameless stuff. he really is the biggest cheat to have ever held high office in this country, and must go now.

even though he's just going to be replaced by another tory, the day he resigns will still be a day for celebration

unfortunately I feel that he'll just stick true to form, shrug his shoulders and carry on and soon everything will be forgotten, again.

Last edited:

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
its a bit tedious asking 3-4 times "you broke the rules, will you resign", when the answer will the same "wait for the inquiry" every time. try a different tack or different subject to wrong foot him, he's preped and briefed for this.

It's more tedious watching that wretch get away with it time and time again :shrug:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

Well, I disagree quite fundamentally. There's one issue here, and one issue only. PMQs rarely receives much than a few snippets in the media. This whole episode will play out in a wide range of the media, and some will replay all of the Johnson-Starmer exchange. That will leave those who view it the opportunity to reflect on the two characters.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I am no fan of Keir Starmer, but he just skewered the PM there. Johnson is finished, if not now then pretty soon

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
100%

And the result of the last election gives him realistic confidence he can ride this all out.

Interesting in a way to see some of his core turning against him. D*ily Mail had a thing about his "litany of lies" that included lying to the Queen to prorogue Parliament for Brexit. Normally for a Tory PM I'd think the Mail going after them and invoking the Queen would be terminal for their position but maybe not for Johnson. They must really hate him though: to point out something was done wrong as they have done, in the context of Brexit (which they've suggested before gives Johnson a free pass to do whatever he likes) is a risky gamble for them with their readership.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here