Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
As I posted previously, the unions blocked it at the Labour conference, but now McClusky has gone, that is a barrier removed.

It would be amazing if Labour jumped on board.

In reality, with all those Scottish seats lost to the SNP, it’s pretty much their only route to a majority. In addition, the Tories would not yield the same sort of power they’ve enjoyed for decades in power on something like 37% of the electorate. That would be amazing, even if we did have to have the odd Lib Dem/Tory government which (Brexit aside) was nowhere near as incompetent as the Tory governments have been.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Germany's PR is working.

Our FPTP is working fine.

Horses for courses. Do you have evidence that PR would work in this nation in peace time?

The Scottish and Welsh National Assemblies and the London Assembly are all examples of PR that work well.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Well I've had a busy morning, just popped back for a quick lunch. I do hope nobody's been embarrassing themselves while I've been away, I'll catch up with all this malarkey when I get home later.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
When Starmer ran for leader, he was one of four candidates, but don't let that get in the way of personally insulting those who had relatives dying alone.

Sympathy? Empathy?

[tweet]1534117083327385602[/tweet]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here