Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
What I don't understand is WHY the Labour Party wants Johnson out.

The whole country knows he lied - he personally may be safe but the Tories lost the election yesterday when he failed to resign.

Look at the recent local elections - 500+ Tory Councillors voted out - not due to local politics but due to Johnson's antics.

Replace him with a grown up and the Tories might win again (Labour have a big majority to overturn) - keep him as PM as Labour will walk it.

Tory shoe in,check the odds.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
There were other options on the ballot paper. I guess I've followed his career a bit more closely than most, read a couple of books and watched him pour 1 Billion Pounds of London down the drain on vanity projects.

He had to be forced to come back from holiday to deal with London riots and turned up in Clapham Junction with a broom.

He's still under investigation for his time as London Mayor, they've re-opened it.

He's no different, hasn't changed and is exactly the same man.

It's just another thing to blame Cameron for. He pushed him into London Mayor to keep him at arms length. Luckily for Johnson, Livingstone was up to his ears in scandal.

Now Johnson is PM, he clearly doesn't want history repeating himself so puts forward the worst Conservative candidate (of any election) for London Mayor.

A Conservative PM keeping a Labour Mayor in power, because he doesn't want to threatened by an alternative Conservative Leader. That's Johnson in a nutshell.

I have zero allegiance to any political party.

Yes, there were other options, but my main aim was to keep Corbyn et al away from power.
A vote for my local loony ‘Let’s count the pebbles on the beach party’ wouldn’t have been much help.:lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Four tory MPs have publicly declared they have submitted a request for Johnson to stand down.

Not enough, and their heads will roll. Brave and principled MPs, therefore.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

The whole country knows he lied - he personally may be safe but the Tories lost the election yesterday when he failed to resign.

Look at the recent local elections - 500+ Tory Councillors voted out - not due to local politics but due to Johnson's antics.

Replace him with a grown up and the Tories might win again (Labour have a big majority to overturn) - keep him as PM as Labour will walk it.

The labour party want Johnson out because under Starmer they will put country before narrow party political interest.

Unlike Johnson.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard

I think they know he isn't going anywhere anytime soon, so want to keep the turmoil going on as long as possible. A divided Tory party certainly won't win the next election.

They also did a great job at damaging Sunak, which just goes on today with him turning into a chancellor whacking taxes onto big business.

It's very hard to see a John Major type in the current Tory party seamlessly taking over from a PM going quietly

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
There were other options on the ballot paper. I guess I've followed his career a bit more closely than most, read a couple of books and watched him pour 1 Billion Pounds of London down the drain on vanity projects.

He had to be forced to come back from holiday to deal with London riots and turned up in Clapham Junction with a broom.

He's still under investigation for his time as London Mayor, they've re-opened it.

He's no different, hasn't changed and is exactly the same man.

It's just another thing to blame Cameron for. He pushed him into London Mayor to keep him at arms length. Luckily for Johnson, Livingstone was up to his ears in scandal.

Now Johnson is PM, he clearly doesn't want history repeating himself so puts forward the worst Conservative candidate (of any election) for London Mayor.

A Conservative PM keeping a Labour Mayor in power, because he doesn't want to threatened by an alternative Conservative Leader. That's Johnson in a nutshell.

I have zero allegiance to any political party.

To my mind, it's the only way :thumbsup:

Because it seems from what I see, that any other way may well lead you to do things that in hindsight, may appear to be less than completely sensible ???

And I am proud of the way I worded that :lolol:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Maybe it’s country first, he is destroying it as we know it

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
There was "no clear evidence" that Prime Minister Boris Johnson had breached Covid-19 rules many times in Downing Street, the Metropolitan Police's acting chief has said.

Sir Stephen House said the decisions made by officers investigating lockdown parties at No 10 were correct.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
There was "no clear evidence" that Prime Minister Boris Johnson had breached Covid-19 rules many times in Downing Street, the Metropolitan Police's acting chief has said.

Sir Stephen Wonder said the decisions made by officers investigating lockdown parties at No 10 were correct.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Fixed that for him

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Not that it means much but the Police are still looking into the "London Mayoral Election" party in 14 December 2020 where central office apparently disciplined four attendees.

This was before the Police were involved.

It led to Shaun Bailey resigning from a Policing Committee.

Just reported on the local news up here, the Police saying the case is "complex".

Courtesy of the Mirror.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/tory-shaun-bailey-wont-investigated-26009461

3_PARTY.jpg

( hic )

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I am going to spare you the cringe-fest of Nadine Dorries video of how she is going to make the internet safer. I'll put it this way, CBeebies do it better.

If you want to seek it out, then don't say you haven't been warned :facepalm:

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
I am going to spare you the cringe-fest of Nadine Dorries video of how she is going to make the internet safer. I'll put it this way, CBeebies do it better.

Oh lord. I saw that and for a good chunk of it, assumed someone had put it together to make her look foolish. SLowly it dawned on me that they had made it themselves.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
So long as it's free, for everyone, I'm not too bothered.

anything to impose control on internet will mean costs and we'll all pick up some of that. and it'll still fail.

i've seen a headline with the word "rap", sufficently cringeworthy without needing to watch. :eek:

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
anything to impose control on internet will mean costs and we'll all pick up some of that. and it'll still fail.

i've seen a headline with the word "rap", sufficently cringeworthy without needing to watch. :eek:

You have no idea....

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I too stumbled across it and presumed someone had done a "Cassette Boy" to make the MP look stupid.

Nope, they did it themselves. It is beyond horror.

I've off to watch that Reading video to get over it.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit

I'm afraid that curiosity got the better of me. Dear God, that was so awful, but how could it be anything else?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here