Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
Misogyny starting to run wild on the leftie echo chamber thread, who would have guessed it?
How is it misogyny? Is there a new rule implemented that we're only allowed to speak about crap things that males say? I'm sure if it was Tom Hardy saying the same things then some of us females might mention that he's very attractive but thick as shit, no sexism involved. Just observation.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Misogyny starting to run wild on the leftie echo chamber thread, who would have guessed it?
Misogyny is about women in general not one woman who is completely off her rocker, having ruined the economy with a crazy budget,
She started off as a LibDem, changed to Conservative, and is now a Popcon. She thinks she’s popular.
i prefer the lettuce.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Campaigned against pylons in his constituency. Advocated them for everyone else.

Reading that, I'm most confused by why Priti Patel wanted to build pylons in the sea. I can see how this might help Sealand but I'm not sure how she'd propose to transmit the power from the coast to (let's say) Leicester.

Edit: in the interests of fairness, I should clarify that on rereading that she doesn't appear to have actually suggested building pylons at sea, just an offshore transmission network. Which is somewhat less insane (and disappointingly less amusing) but doesn't address the issues of a) massive cost, and b) how you get the power inland.

Last edited:

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I'm very disappoint in Holly Valance's comments. As someone who has come to our country and done really well here, I can't see how she decide to throw her lot in with the tory right who are doing so much to close the door to outsiders

I'm of the view that any comments about her attractiveness or otherwise are irrelevant for the purposes of this discussion

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
He doesn't like being questioned.

None of them do, such is the little right wing media echo-chamber they inhabit where they spend all their time agreeing with each other on how brilliant they all are (GB News, Telegraph, Mail, Spectator) they simply aren't used to being questioned about things in a way which isn't "Oh Jacob, how come you're so wonderful?"

Given this, they have no preparation or answer to how they're going to deal with this. This means their only real option is to panic and go down the Trump route of accusing the questioner of bias for daring to challenge them. This also explains why they complain about the BBC, they expect to get the same soft-balling from there and when they don't get it cry foul.

It also explains why, generally, non-Tory politicians (and I daresay I do include Tice and Farage in this, much as it pains me) are just better at dealing with cross-questioning and dealing with a more hostile interview. They get much, much more practice.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here