Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
From the Guardian today.

“Liam Byrne, the Labour MP who chairs the Commons business committee, asked the prime minister if he ever lay awake at night “worrying about the level of economic inequality in our country”.

“No,” Sunak replied”

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
From the Guardian today.

“Liam Byrne, the Labour MP who chairs the Commons business committee, asked the prime minister if he ever lay awake at night “worrying about the level of economic inequality in our country”.

“No,” Sunak replied”, from his £20,000,000 Santa Monica seafront, penthouse apartment.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
From the Guardian today.

“No,” Sunak replied”
I assume he spends his nights hanging from the rafters like a bat.
Trying to gain an extra couple of inches so the photos with all the other world leaders are less amusing.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
JUST PROCESS THE F****** APPLICATIONS, THEN YOU WON'T HAVE TO PAY FOR HOTELS OR ALLOWANCES

And, of course we could have processed the whole backlog of Asylum applications (175,000) that have been built up over the last 10 years by this government, twice over and still had money to spare for the £240M we have given to Rwanda to do f*** all :shrug:

HOW F***ING STUPID DO YOU HAVE TO BE TO KEEP FALLING FOR THIS ?

(A simple thumbs up from the regular cabal supporter should be sufficient to confirm :dunce:)

Last edited:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
And, of course we could have processed the whole backlog of Asylum applications (175,000) that have been built up over the last 10 years by this government, twice over and still had money to spare for the £240M we have given to Rwanda to do f*** all :shrug:

(A simple thumbs up from the regular cabal supporter should be sufficient to confirm :dunce:)
I would give you a (y) mate, but you'll edit it another 4 times and the context will be lost.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Proud of my kids.

Made the effort to get out to only two places where you could cast your vote

But enough people did

Brilliant.

Another one bites the dust.

Staunch Tory seat - but so was Mad Nad’s.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
toryppe.jpg

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

The vast majority of airlines have said they will refuse to fly any asylum seeker to Rwanda.

Jul 20, 2003
Proud of my kids.

Made the effort to get out to only two places where you could cast your vote

But enough people did

Brilliant.

Another one bites the dust.

Staunch Tory seat - but so was Mad Nad’s.

Only 2 places?

That's shocking.

The Blackpool MP who's up for a recall vote is in a constituency that has barely managed 60% turnout at a GE.

If there are only a couple of places to register disapproval he may well get away with it.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Post-Brexit restrictions on the free movement of workers from the EU have contributed to modern slavery becoming “a feature” of the care sector in England the Care Quality Commission has told MPs.

James Bullion, chief inspector of adult social care and integrated care at the watchdog, told the Commons health and social care select committee that the end of free movement of workers significantly increased the possibilities of exploitation, which have included cases of care workers not being paid for months and dozens being squeezed into overcrowded lodgings. Cases of modern slavery are on track to have increased tenfold in the last three years he said."

Having been very much exposed to the care sector over the last 18 months, I can very very much confirm this is the case.

The care we got was second to none, however (and I can't go into details) I got to know of a situation that was utterly appalling and I did my best to help out.

I wasn't quite sure what to believe at the time, but after doing a bit of digging and research I found out it's happening all over the country.

Very much related to Brexit since the Government panicked somewhat and encouraged very quick recruitment from outside the EU.

Just like PPE the sharks moved in and are exploiting people leaving them literally trapped here.

Absolute embarrassment for this country. After hearing the details of the case I know, I was ashamed to call myself British.

Last edited:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Can’t blame them. The amount of negative publicity it would generate. Boycotts and protests too, I shouldn’t wonder.
Looking forward to seeing which Tory MP suddenly runs an international airline for a nice lucrative contract

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
1703025551720.png

The sad thing is, is that they may as well say that!! Let's face it nothing is going to be done, no one will lose any money, it will be forgotten about in a couple of months because something else will come up.
The staunch Conservative voter probably wont put it all together & if they're like my mum will ramble something about '3 day working weeks, miners strikes & Thatcher getting them all back to work' :shootself Yes that is the kind of thing she says (and believes) which is bloody worrying as she still seems to have her mental faculties (no disrespect to anyone suffering from the effects of dementia etc.).
I can't be bothered anymore to give her history lessons, I hope she can't be bothered anymore to vote. In fact I may just ask her not to vote by saying to her that by not voting she will give a tiny voice to my jnr who's not old enough to vote. She wont be receiving a pen for Xmas that's for sure. :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here