Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

tory leader backs falmer

chip

Jul 7, 2003
Glorious Goodwood
Howard went to a school in Wales where they only played rugby and buggered sheep. He successfully persuaded the school governers to introduce football into school sports. I believe that he regularly attends Folkstone matches and has supported that club in various ways in the past.

Still wouldn't vote for any of them though! :smokin:

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
I dont really think its a big enough issue for party leaders to get there paws grubby over. We may think it is, well we would.

Labour won landslide more due to 3 million abstaining tory voters than any major shift in votes. Most of em stayed away last time as well.

Will they come back? Dunno.:nono:

Mr C said:
I hope so. Perhaps now the Conservative party has started to get itself together, things can change.

If they prove themselves to be credible and offer a real alternative to Labour, then there is no reason they should not get back into power.

Howard as leader= A further swing to the right.
Knock on effect = Labour follow (if possible) even further than they currently are to the right to keep up and not lose the vote.

Therefore = they literally are as bad as each other.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Mr C said:
No, a box on the ballot paper marked "I do not wish to vote for any of the above" is the only way forward.

That way you differentiate between those who are making an informed decision not to vote, and those who just can't be arsed!

I know I remember this debate from before - just being a little tongue in cheek for a Friday....

unless you really want to fight - then OUTSIDE NOW :lol: :lolol:

Jul 14, 2003
BN2
Bwian said:
...Whatever next from Mr Howard? Telling us that he's 'de-flowered' Anne Widdicombe to make him look like he's a bit of a lad?:ohmy:

...or that he's got something in common with David Blunkett?

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
Michael Howard is scum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

simple as, he doesnt give a f*** about us, and even if he did, he'd probably screw us over like archer+bellotti.

remember all the stuff he did in the 90s?

oh yea, dont ask him a question, you'll try asking 17 times and never get an answer

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Mr C said:
No, a box on the ballot paper marked "I do not wish to vote for any of the above" is the only way forward.

That way you differentiate between those who are making an informed decision not to vote, and those who just can't be arsed!

That information is actually made public at the moment. The returning officer at all election counts reads out the number of spoiled ballots. Although it's rarely heard because the winning candidate and his/her supporters are too busy celebrating.

Compulsory voting an excellent idea (even if it didn't stop the Australians electing that tosser John Howard). Perhaps if it's brought in, the number of spoils/"none of the aboves" could be formally published after each election.

(BTW, in Australia you don't put crosses in boxes... you list the candidates in order of preference which leads to a really complex system of vote-counting)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here