Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Torquay vs. Brighton and Hove Albion - FA Cup 2nd Round

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
1700 albion there according to commentator

Can't believe that to be honest, seeming we only took 596 to Cheltenham???

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Say we win this tie, and get an away draw in the next round, the 1700 Brighton fans who have made the trip should, in my view, get priority for tickets - be it a scramble for just 400+ tix at Horsham or a leisurely queue for the 11'000 tix at Man Utd.

Is this how it works these days?

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
Say we win this tie, and get an away draw in the next round, the 1700 Brighton fans who have made the trip should, in my view, get priority for tickets - be it a scramble for just 400+ tix at Horsham or a leisurely queue for the 11'000 tix at Man Utd.

We're not even there yet,Torquay have as much chance as getting there as we do.

Please don't jinx it!

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada

No because we would get an EARFUL from the STH's.

I have resigned myself to not making any away 3rd round tie as all the superfan STH's only go to the BIG away games:)

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

The old argument crops up how much of the admission money paid by 1700 away supporters goes to BHA the answer 50% after expenses so why should they have prioirty over STH.

No. Thanks to Beach Hut's campaign, priority goes to season ticket holders.

I don't agree with that, but I accept that this is the new system. The Club should now stick with the system they have publicised.

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
The old argument crops up how much of the admission money paid by 1700 away supporters goes to BHA the answer 50% after expenses so why should they have prioirty over STH.

Why does it have to be about money though?

Surely their reasons for going are more important than how much it cost them?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The issue for us is money simply because we are broke and the STH put their money up front to help over the summer when there is virtually no other income.

This should ensure that they get prority, which the club have now accepted with their order of ticket distribution.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'm not a STH, but I can accept that the club needs their guaranteed income, and needs to be seen to look after them.

People who made the trips to either Cheltenham or torquay should be next in line though.

veade

Feb 19, 2005
Boston
the commentators seem to love Kuipers they are always talking about him

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
The issue for us is money simply because we are broke and the STH put their money up front to help over the summer when there is virtually no other income.

This should ensure that they get prority, which the club have now accepted with their order of ticket distribution.

STH don't put their money up to "help" over the summer. They put their money up front because:

(i) they like sitting in the same seat each game
(ii) they like the convenience of not having to get tickets every fortnight
(iii) and they especially like the fact that as they are planning on going anyway, they pay less in the long run than they would do if they stumped up on a game by game basis.

Please don't insult my limited intelligence by suggesting it is for some higher, altruistic reason.... (even if you do know Ronnie and Reggie... ;))

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Swindon 1-1 Forest Green:lol:

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
Sounds like we got lucky:

52:38
Header by Tim Sills (Torquay) from right side of penalty area (6 yards), save (tipped over) by Michel Kuipers (Brighton). Inswinging corner from right by-line taken left-footed by Kevin Nicholson (Torquay) to centre, save (parried) by Michel Kuipers (Brighton). Inswinging corner from left by-line taken right-footed by Lee Mansell (Torquay) to centre, foul by Chris Hargreaves (Torquay) on Andrew Whing (Brighton). Direct free kick taken right-footed by Michel Kuipers (Brighton) from own half, resulting in open play.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here