Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Torquay Reserves 1 - 3 Brighton Reserves - Football Combination Final

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
It was said Walker was free to leave, but not that he'd been released. Obviously he hasn't left the club yet, I think he's played other development squad games since then as well.
I liked the look of him when he played in that one game, the implication was that he wasn't what Gus required in terms of distribution so maybe this will be a bit of a wake up call to improve that part of his game?

Ominous that Brighton brought in East from Wolves to replace him. East incidently was kicked in the face in a recent game and was injured for a while.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Ominous that Brighton brought in East from Wolves to replace him. East incidently was kicked in the face in a recent game and was injured for a while.
Agreed but as long as he is still here he may have the opportunity to change some minds.
Although he made a mistake for a goal yesterday, so maybe not!

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
The midfield we have in the DS is brilliant. From the times I've seen them play, they could get away as being a league 2 midfield already. JFC and Kasim are a brilliant pairing in the middle. Simmonds is nippy and skillful with decent end product whilst Rodgers is something else IMO.

gjh1971

May 7, 2007
Unless I read it wrong, we have released Mitch Walker and he will leave if he gets another club.

This is a Reserves game so the goaly would normally come from anyone not actually playing in the 1st team.

ie Bezovan, Poke, East, Walker in that order

Like I say, strange that Walker played.

But it's the development squad, not the reserves - Brezovan has never played for this squad

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
But it's the development squad, not the reserves - Brezovan has never played for this squad

Wrong. Have another wild guess.

The clue is in the title

Torquay Reserves 1 - 3 Brighton Reserves - Football Combination Final

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The reserves and development squad are fully interchangeable. They will be playing at home next Wed evening at Withdean (if anyone is getting withdrawal symptons) Sth used to be free but I don't know if that still holds.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
The reserves and development squad are fully interchangeable. They will be playing at home next Wed evening at Withdean (if anyone is getting withdrawal symptons) Sth used to be free but I don't know if that still holds.

Would like to go and see them so hopefully they announce near the time how the ticketing is going to work

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
=Thunder Bolt;4369183]The reserves and development squad are fully interchangeable.

I think this is how it works.

There is a 1st Team

There is a Reserve Team of players close to, or in and out, of the 1st Team. These players train with the 1st Team

There is a Development Squad of up and coming youngsters. They have their own fixtures and train away from the 1st Team much of the time.

Often there are not enough Reserves to put out a team in a Reserve fixture so they are joined by appropriate Development Squad players.

Any player in the Reserves or DS could jump into the 1st team if Gus is suitably impressed.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here