Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Toronto FC - Here we go again

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Don't need a roof. They are hoping to build upwards someday but at the moment there is a by-law against that I think.

Also, roofs are a bit of a liability when they get a couple of feet of snow on them. Likely to come back in the spring and find your roof is now a floor.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Is it true you can drink beers at that stadium? Has there ever been a pitch invasion?Are the stewards better or worse than ours?

one end of the stadium was simply a carlsberg PATIO when i went - you could just stand there and didn't even have to take your SEAT

football as it should be :clap: :clap: :clap:

Juan Albion

Now there's going to be a second Canadian team in the MLS. Vancouver Whitecaps will join the league in 2011. Still an outside chance that Ottawa will join them soon.

Excellent - a Canadian derby game that only involves a 8747km round trip drive. :cool:

driddles

Nov 8, 2003
Ontario, Canada
Have had seats in 110 from just about day 1. The 'pitch invasion' was at the end of the season long after the game had ended. Did Chicago away both seasons and Kolumbus last year.

Remember listening to one guy from England when we were leaving the stadium last summer. He was laughing at how Toronto must be the only ground in the world where you can stand, drink beer and be handed razor blades as you exit the stadium (free giveaway at the end of the game).

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Now there's going to be a second Canadian team in the MLS. Vancouver Whitecaps will join the league in 2011. Still an outside chance that Ottawa will join them soon.

Excellent - a Canadian derby game that only involves a 8747km round trip drive. :cool:

any chance of montreal impact getting in soon now they have built a new stadium?

driddles

Nov 8, 2003
Ontario, Canada
any chance of montreal impact getting in soon now they have built a new stadium?
Not really. When the prospective new teams/cities were bidding on one of the new franchises Montreal entered a bid under what the league was asking for. Saputo basically took a like it or lump it stance with MLS. MLS answered back by giving Vancouver a team, official as of today. So I think 2012 would be the earliest they can get in now.

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
Toronto FC wil not be entirely unknown to any Albion fans who may have read the Withdean programme back in September 2007. I wrote a piece on how TFC had benefited from progressive management, passionate fans and a shiny new stadium. It included a recollection of getting crocked at the Goldstone by Canada's and West Ham's very own goalkeeper, Craig Forrest, in a game settled by a goal from Dean Wilkins (and what's he up to these days?)

Anyone wanting a copy is very welcome to send me a PM.

Juan Albion

Any live sport next Tuesday as it looks like I will be in Toronto for work?
PG

Toronto Maple Laughs, erm Leafs, will be at home to the Washington Capitals. Should be a good game. If you can find a ticket, it will likely be very expensive (ie hundreds of dollars).

Juan Albion

Toronto FC wil not be entirely unknown to any Albion fans who may have read the Withdean programme back in September 2007. I wrote a piece on how TFC had benefited from progressive management, passionate fans and a shiny new stadium.

And Danny Dichio, who chose Toronto over the Albion, I seem to remember. Bit of a cult figure here, but almost always crocked.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here