Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tories vote to reduce food standards

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
So you do not deny that as Nibble you stated that you would leave if the electorate voted for Brexit?

I think if you, Chicken and Pasta are genuinely interested in what I did or didn’t type, so long ago even I don’t recall, then perhaps PM me with your enquiry. Or start a thread about it. Or stop wasting everyone’s time with your attempts to show me up.
I don’t give a **** what I wrote on here years ago.
Barely anyone on NSC gives a **** what I wrote on here years ago
And frankly you should be embarrassed about giving a **** what somebody you have never met wrote on an Internet forum years ago.

Either way, stop banging on about it in a totally unrelated thread. You’re embarrassing yourselves.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I think if you, Chicken and Pasta are genuinely interested in what I did or didn’t type, so long ago even I don’t recall, then perhaps PM me with your enquiry. Or start a thread about it. Or stop wasting everyone’s time with your attempts to show me up.
And frankly you should be embarrassed about giving a **** what somebody you have never met wrote on an Internet forum years ago.

Either way, stop banging on about it in a totally unrelated thread. You’re embarrassing yourselves.

For someone who doesn’t give a ****, you seem a little touchy about it.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Part of the problem is that we only have capacity to produce 58% of our own food demands, and have to rely on 42% of the rest to be imported. You'd have thought that figure alone would have been enough to dissuade us from Brexit....

If only 42% of the population weren't brain dead sheep

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

oi
i didnt ask you if you said you would leave if the country voted for brexit.
dont bring me into it

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
2 days ago [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Bloke is a Walter Mitty who gets found out and whines like a little bitch.

Wind your neck in. Now. You wouldn’t say it to my face so don’t give it the billy big bollocks on here.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
A couple of years ago the lowest price in four leading supermarkets of a 1.35kg chicken averaged £3.15. Three quid for a living creature, if living is what you call it.

To prove you're not talking complete and utter balls show us how you can beat these prices in your average high street butcher.

Sainsburys water pumped chicken breasts - £5.28 a Kg - https://www.sainsburys.co.uk/gol-ui/product/sainsburys-chicken-breast-fillets-16kg

Wickenden Butchers - £5 a Kg - https://wickendenmeats.co.uk/poultry.html

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
Most people's primary criticism of chlorinated chicken has nothing to do with the taste, in spite of the dedicated efforts of Brexiteer right wingers such as Dominic Lawson to persuade us otherwise. Well done on having been to America though.

So it may taste better?

I can’t see what the problem is then, let the consumer decide......the days of the Common Agricultural Policy are over, consumer choice and lower food costs are just around the corner!

Yeah, I know I have been to the US I doubt that’s unique, sounds like you’ve not been? You should go......nice people, really easy to chat too.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
So it may taste better?

I can’t see what the problem is then, let the consumer decide......the days of the Common Agricultural Policy are over, consumer choice and lower food costs are just around the corner!

Yeah, I know I have been to the US I doubt that’s unique, sounds like you’ve not been? You should go......nice people, really easy to chat too.

That's the problem. Without labelling the country of origin, the consumer won't know. :ffsparr:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The people defending this step towards lower food standards know full well that it’s a negative step. That it will ultimately harm our own farming industry and risk the health of our population. However, it is a direct result of their vote to leave and to admit that Brexit would have any detrimental effects would be against all the brainwashing and dogma that has been drilled into them over the last five years.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

So at the time, when posting as Nibble ( and let's remember for a long time you implied you weren't one and the same ) you said you would leave the UK if the UK voted to leave but now you think that's irrelevant ? Irrelevant that you lied ? Yet you try to call other posters out for lying ? Hmmm .... you're a bit of a hypocrite Nibble .... sorry ... Clamp. And a flouncer for it being called out and you then wetting your pants about nobody caring about it.

Maybe it should be you to 'wind yer neck in' for want of making yourself look stupid .... sorry more stupid.

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
If you need a quick bite whilst on the go next time you are there i recommend chick fil-A spicy chicken with pepper jack and bacon.......the waffle fries are a bit dodgy though

Wow, sounds like you have been to the US, based on the comments from the Bonapartists on here I thought I was the only one!

That’s a relief.......I have been more than once and didn’t get shot, killed by a copper or food poisoning once. CFLM.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
The people defending this step towards lower food standards know full well that it’s a negative step. That it will ultimately harm our own farming industry and risk the health of our population. However, it is a direct result of their vote to leave and to admit that Brexit would have any detrimental effects would be against all the brainwashing and dogma that has been drilled into them over the last five years.
[emoji57]

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
North Stand Politics - Sub Forum BHAFC

Absolutely love this thread .. misleading title, entrenched positions, containing many of my favourite NSC characters ( I refuse to believe most of you are real ) point-scoring galore a few fowl puns .. marvellous scenes. :cool:

winner winner chicken dinner :thumbsup:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Trust me I would Walter, be very assured of that!

The very fact that you give it the big I am on here tells me otherwise. Anyway, I’ve said all I have to say on the matter. You carry on if you wish, enjoy yourself.

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
That's the problem. Without labelling the country of origin, the consumer won't know. :ffsparr:

Yeah, yeah cause when you get a fried chicken, or a chicken curry or chicken kebab or chicken burger etc. you know UNEQUIVOCALLY exactly where the meat comes from?

And let’s see if what is sold in supermarkets is not labelled, I would imagine for the billions concerned about where there chicken comes from the wholesalers will be sticking a ring of stars or Union Jack on the label to get your custom. Capitalism will find a way for you kids.

For the rest of us......cheep cheep chickers! I so much feel like chicken tonight....I could almost sing it!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Don't see the issue personally. It's not like they will be selling bats to eat at Shoreham market anytime soon.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009

It's very interesting seeing some figures of Wickendens and Sainsbury's chicken fillet prices but I was asking you to show me how High Street butchers can beat that average starting price of £3.15 for a 1.35kg chicken. In defence of of your case that people who buy cheap chicken in supermarkets are all stupid you were explaining that high street shops are in fact cheaper.

(I notice Wickendens do a £5 chicken. Sounds value. Perhaps this is the one you buy. Free range? Weight?)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here