Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Top three ALBION results that have GOT YOU DOWN!

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Personally Sunday didn't bother me at all. It was only ever gonna be a payday for the club and that is it.

In recent times the Tuesday before against Millwall bothered me much more and the 1-3 Palace even more.

spoonie

Apr 19, 2011
One that sticks out for me is Oldham 6-1 Albion

It had everything.

Plastic pitch
Ex-player scoring a hatrick against us
Freezing, and I mean freezing bloody cold
Worst football pie EVER
500+ mile round trip
Alternater failed on car on way home
Car was a shitty old leaky Fiat Uno
It was my birthday weekend

left my coat at home and had to buy new one when we got to Oldham..it was very very cold that day

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
1 -bha 2 darlington 3 - in 1996
2 -palace 5 bha 0
3 - notts county 3 bha 1 . i really thought we could win that and we were terrible

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Well (from memory) as in really down

Brighton 1 Palace 3

Palace 2 Brighton 1 (5 penalties game)

BHA 2 Darlo 3 at the Goldstone in 1996

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
1978 Albion 2 Blackpool 1 - the disappointment of being stitched up by Scummers & Spurs to rob us of promotion.
1984 Grimsby 5 Albion 0 - dreadful display & beaten up after the game.
2011 Albion 1 Palace 3 - say no more.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
0-2 Southampton in the FA Cup under Cattlin (team did not turn up on the day)
2-3 Liverpool in the Cup under Barry Lloyd (substitutes mistake)
O-2 to Watford in the Cup under Cattlin (opponents too good after we had beaten Liverpool)

if my memory serves me. Probably some of these are wrong ?

And the game Tiltman played .

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Games I was at

Brighton 1-3 Palace 2011
Capitulation, M25 shut on way home to boot as well as stuck for an hour on M23 in road works that consisted of a few cones with all the Palace fans
Brighton 2-3 Liverpool 1991
Gutted as we were 2-1 up – thought we were going to win and Liverpool were MUCH bigger than they are now.
Brighton 1-3 Notts County 1991
The beginning of the end. Never had a good a team as that until now and we went downhill quickly thereafter.

Games I wasn’t at
5-0 Palace : At a wedding with a load of plastic Liverpool fans who went top that day as well as text after text after text
Losing to Swindon at home under Slade – thought we were down that day.
When we got beat by fcuking Mansfield in the cup.

5Ways Gull

È quello che è
Feb 2, 2009
Fiveways, Brighton
5-0 Palace
Luton JPT
Huddersfield 7-1

Oh and probably the Crewe game at home where we got hammered and looked certain for relegation.

That Crewe game really sticks in my mind. It was 4-0, we'd just been turned down by Gannon (In hindsight no big deal I know), but it was also the game where Jimmy McNulty ended up in intensive care and lost his kidney. I felt we were doomed to Lge 2

Cosmic Joker

The Motorik
Apr 14, 2010
Chichester
Well that's feckin' easy:

Palace 5 Brighton 0
Brighton 1 Palace 3
Brighton 2 Palace 3

Exactly this.
Excluding Palace would be
Brighton 2 Sheffield United + Phil Prosser 4
Losing to 9 man Walsall
Grimsby 2 Brighton 2 - not such a bad result in itself but the last day relegation thanks to having previously lost to Stoke, put an end to months of hoping for a miracle escape so nearly reached and put a heavy full stop on a heady era of success, bringing home just how much lack of a stadium would continue to hold us back

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
That Crewe game really sticks in my mind. It was 4-0, we'd just been turned down by Gannon (In hindsight no big deal I know), but it was also the game where Jimmy McNulty ended up in intensive care and lost his kidney. I felt we were doomed to Lge 2

That was a horrible game all round. I felt really down after that.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
0-2 Southampton in the FA Cup under Cattlin (team did not turn up on the day)
2-3 Liverpool in the Cup under Barry Lloyd (substitutes mistake)
O-2 to Watford in the Cup under Cattlin (opponents too good after we had beaten Liverpool)

if my memory serves me. Probably some of these are wrong ?

Watford game was 3-1. Finally got footage of all the goals... I'll post it later if you like!!

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
2-3 v Palace. We didn't deserve to lose that game, least of all in the most gutting way possible.

0-1 v 9 man Walsall. The only time I remember actually booing an Albion performance. That was the moment I knew bringing Micky back was a big mistake.

2-0 v MK Dons. We were 8 points adrift with 8 games left. Dead and buried.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
1. Walsall 3-0 Brighton (Slade) - awful awful awful, no atmosphere, no performance, 3-0 down after 20 minutes, no singing, f***ing cold and I was taking a friend to his first ever football game. All bored into stunned silence. Miserable
2. (by a distance) Palace 5-0 Brighton. Only game I've left early (apart from Hereford walkout)
3. Brighton 1-3 Notts County. Really thought we'd do it :(

Miami Seagull

Grandad
Jul 12, 2003
Miami Florida, USA
I have to say that the Liverpool performance developed into one of the most embarrassing displays I've witnessed by an Albion side, however, it doesn't make my top 3 of disappointments:

1. Cup replay v Man U
2. Notts County 1-3
3. Palace 0-5

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
1: Chester away Easter Saturday 1997. We took the lead through Jeff Minton but lost 2-1. Bellotti was there watching and we spent most of the time before and after the match searching for him. I honestly thought we were dead and buried, still a good few points adrift of the sides above us and time was running out. We took a good sized crew that day, and Bellotti's car took a major kicking. The standard of football was dreadful, lit up by two good goals.

2: Palace at home this season. Worse than the 5-0, because for the first time in a generation the odds were in our favour, and the players let us down.

3: Away to Rotherham 2002 in the Championship. Lost 1-0, it was our EIGHTH straight defeat, and we had a strike force of Danny Marney and Chris McPhee. We didn't even have a corner all match, let alone a shot.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Cup Final replay
0-5 v Palace
1-3 v Palace

Closely followed by Play-off defeat to County and the 1-2 defeat to Palace with all the penalties.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here