Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Top THREE Albion games you didn't go to but which you had a ticket for

Set of Tracksuits

Oct 27, 2003
Leicester
Excluding those that I couldn't realistically have gone to due to being too young (the '83 Cup run etc) I would have:

Play-off semi second leg against Swindon
1-0 home win over Chesterfield
7-1 win at Chester

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Wozza said:
He meant "wish" not "which" - obviously.
"When you which upon a star
"Your which is my command"
"Whiching I was Lucky"

Which is it to be ? I which Simster would make his mind up, or is that just whichful thinking ?

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
No.. I reckon he meant:-

"Top THREE Albion games you didn't go to but which you had...

- ordered tickets for, only to lose out to a bunch of prawn sarnie glory hunters?

I feel a Spurs thread coming on...

Last edited:

Wozza said:
He meant "wish" not "which" - obviously.

It's not that obvious. It could also have made sense with certain words added to the end (e. g. 'a ticket for') - and it struck me as much more likely words could have been lost rather than that two words with different meanings and not even similar spellings had been confused (although the continuing confusion of 'have' and 'of' on this board and elsewhere is becoming ever more common - and no less stupid for the regularity of its occurrence). But there you go - I clearly need to read up on my semi-literate and learn to translate better from it into English.

Fluffster

Jul 5, 2003
Shoreham
CrabtreeBHA said:
FA Cup Final (not the replay)
Hereford
Doncaster (Last game at the Goldstone)

Same here, although my excuse for the FA Cup Final was that I wasn't actually born! And too young to experience Hereford/Donny when I'm the only football fan in the family. Another I'd like to have been at was the FA Cup match at Anfield.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
fatbadger said:
It's not that obvious. It could also have made sense with certain words added to the end (e. g. 'a ticket for') - and it struck me as much more likely words could have been lost rather than that two words with different meanings and not even similar spellings had been confused (although the continuing confusion of 'have' and 'of' on this board and elsewhere is becoming ever more common - and no less stupid for the regularity of its occurrence). But there you go - I clearly need to read up on my semi-literate and learn to translate better from it into English.
This has all the hallmarks of another "inert / inept" fiasco. I'm still not fully convinced this thread hasn't spun off on a disastrously irrelevent tangent.

Bobby's Gull

DAFT Bint
Jul 6, 2003
Bed
FA Cup final, wasn't even born.
Spurs away this season. I'm NOT MOANING.
Chesterfield when we won the third division title. Not the same listening on the radio.

Easy 10 said:
This has all the hallmarks of another "inert / inept" fiasco. I'm still not fully convinced this thread hasn't spun off on a disastrously irrelevent tangent.

But most threads are so boring in their original conception, we'd be lost without the disastrously irrelevant.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
The Liverpool 2-2 Cup game.
The Spurs cup game the other week.
Newcastle 1979 (was too young though…)

Of the 19 games nominated so far, I've been to 11 and missed 8.

I woz there:
FA Cup final, FA Cup semi, Hereford, Donnie/last game at Goldstone, Play off final, Aldershot FA Cup, Leyton Orient 4-4, West Ham 2005, Ipswich last minute Wendy wonder, Chesterfield, Millwall play off home leg.

I wozn't there:
Liverpool 2-2 FA Cup, Spurs FA cup 2005, Newcastle 1979, Swindon play off away, Chester 7-1, Yeovil away (!?), Rushden away, Charlton 7-0.

Kaney

Banned
Feb 11, 2004
Brighton
I missed West Ham Away this season, f***ing lorry on M25 :angry:

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Oh God, I've missed every big game ever for Brighton :nono:

FA Cup '83 run all, 1991 play-offs all, 2004 play-offs all, promotion v Plymouth, championship v Chesterfield, Hereford, Doncaster, Orient 4-4, Chester 7-1, Mansfield 6-0, Wendy wonder v Ipswich, every game this season.

Only biggish games - Palace 0-5 (jeeesus), Man Utd 1993 FA Cup, Portsmouth FA Cup mid 1990's, Port Vale and Shrewsbury promotion parties, , Grimsby away, Leicester league cup 1994 home and away, Orient away 2001-ish (we won 2-1 anyway), Fans United day and a few others. Its not fair.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Newcastle away '79 promotion game - Still to this day can't recall why I didn't go - my brother went and I always went to footy with him

Cup final '83 first game - Do know why I wasn't at this one. I had a ticket but my :censored: of an RAF Sergeant would not let me have the day's leave.

Sgt Kenneth Woods - If ever I find you...........

Last edited:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Cannae believe that no one's mentioned the first leg play-off game at the Goldstone 1990 v Millwall - "You wouldn't have got a bet on this scoreline at half time"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here