Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Top Letter Today in Argus

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
hans kraay fan club said:
Fair enough. Good argument.

Only joking. No malice. To be fair it was just an ill informed frustrated afternoon rant. :D

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
Nibble said:
The reason they are against Falmer Stadium ties in with my theory...The council are trying to make Brighton The Riviera of England. This is why the local or national news agencies do not report crime that occurs in Brighton, despite us having the worst crime rate on any Estate in England and Wales, the highest drug related crime rate in England, including Glasgow, Manchester and London and the highest weapon related death rate outside of London.

On top of that we now officially have the highest living costs of anywhere in the Uk, which in turn means Europe (higher than London, even higher if you take into account we do not have London Waiting added to our wages) and we have some of the lowest wages in England because Brighon has a service based economy (deliberatley, because we are here to serve rich tourists and second home owners)

House prices are the highest in The Uk. What does this mean?

It means that the average, lower to middle class person is very soon going to be forced out of Brighton and the people that stand to profit from this do not want any area in Brighton plagued by such a "common" pastime as Football or the "common" people that follow it puting people off investing in Brighton or people visiting the city and spending t heir money here.

It's a theory but every week I find something that backs it up. It makes me furious.

Bollocks.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
This is not strictly relevant, but I heard on Radio 5 this morning, that currently, ONE FIFTH of all the world's cranes are in Dubai. I just thought I'd share that with you!

97% of the worlds wood pigeons perch on my roof.Not a lot of people know that.

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
Yoda said:
*Sits back and awaits for Bakers bullshit reply*
I might not make a reply, so there!!!:p :p :p

H block

Jul 10, 2003
Worthing
This is not strictly relevant, but I heard on Radio 5 this morning, that currently, ONE FIFTH of all the world's cranes are in Dubai. I just thought I'd share that with you!

And 1/5th of all the worlds flamingos.
They are to live in that giant artificial lake that has been built.

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
Now is a particulary good time for any of you budding photographers to pop upto Falmer at the weekend and get some snaps of the stadium site, Uni buildings and the building site for the new student halls. This time of the year when the trees have no leaves means that even more bricks, concrete, and car park can be seen.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Nibble said:
Only joking. No malice. To be fair it was just an ill informed frustrated afternoon rant. :D
Think you are right that the anti-stadium mob are motivated by a dislike of football and a deep-seated, intense hatred of the "working class". The environmental arguments that the Fraudster spouts are just a screen.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here