Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Top foreign beers

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
...how good are their hospitals?
Basic but in Budapest and the rest of Hungary and some parts of poland they have ''Drunk Prisons'' where they take you if you are pissed and just leave you for the night and there are no other prisoners there just pissheads. You get a fine in the morning and then they let you out. No courts or anything.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
- Big bottles of Singha out of the new Sainsburys
- Carlsberg Elephant
- Nigerian Guinness

These are a few of my favourite things

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Being only a boy when it comes to drinking I like bottles of Keo from Cyprus. But then I drink by taste not by what ABV it is.

Efes from Turkey is widely available in this country.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Being only a boy when it comes to drinking I like bottles of Keo from Cyprus. But then I drink by taste not by what ABV it is.

Efes from Turkey is widely available in this country.

Do you remember little Nige from the Clifton days. He still moans that when he buy Meths he can never get a cold one.

Wienergull

Geht in Ordnung
Jul 10, 2003
Berlin Mitte
I can highly recommend Zwickl from Zwettl (try saying that after you've had a few of them) in Upper Austria. It's cloudy because it's unfiltrated. Nice flavour and quite different from your usual Austrian/German pils. Don't know if it's available in the UK though.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Do you remember little Nige from the Clifton days. He still moans that when he buy Meths he can never get a cold one.

Is there anybody in or from Worthing who doesnt know Nigel Erskine.

If you ever bump into him ask him about the day of a cup final when the boys from the Clifton went around to his house and decided that they wanted to watch the game in his garden so stripped the house of furniture and took it into the garden then when the game finished cleared off to the pub leaving his furniture outside.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Nige Erskine as mascot at the Goldstone still ranks as the funniest thing I have ever seen at a football ground, a memory I will take to my grave!

Top bloke, haven't seen him for years, hope all is well with him.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Is there anybody in or from Worthing who doesnt know Nigel Erskine.

If you ever bump into him ask him about the day of a cup final when the boys from the Clifton went around to his house and decided that they wanted to watch the game in his garden so stripped the house of furniture and took it into the garden then when the game finished cleared off to the pub leaving his furniture outside.

:D I was there. His sofa was still outside sunday afternoon. Our cup final cricket matches and barbecues round there were legendary. I once bowled a lb of pork sausages at nige who was on 7 N.O. at the time with Will Davey fielding naked at silly mid off.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I couldn't finish a pint, but i'll never forget the feeling on my lips, tongue and next day's stools when i woolfed a few sips of Hans Peterskreig. Was a magic potion of forbidden moments and behind-the-counter can-you-can't-yous. We each ended with a wink and smirk in tandem, me forever the never-innocent Adam, him the snake offering me the temptation of enigma and sheddable skin.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Tripel de Karmeliet is nice, and something a bit different is Coopers Sparking, proper aussie beer.

Bruges Tripel is definitely worth it's weight in gold. :drool:

There is a very good foreign beer off license down Trafalgar Street. Can't remember the exact name, but they have a large range.

Karmeliet and Brugse are both good, but if you like your triples you should try Westmalle Tripel (9.5%, so be careful) - in a tie with Duvel for the best blonde beer there is.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Erdinger.

why is it that no UK brewery makes a plesant popular lager? we drink so much of the stuff yet its all foreign. the few that are native are quite nasty. its not like we cant brew beer, but we just dont do lagers for some peculiar reason.

See-Goals

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE
Aug 13, 2004
Seaford
Although Amstel seems to be the weapon of choice in Greece I do like the native lager 'Mythos'. Its very refreshing and why is it only on holiday can beer get so chilled?

Looked out for it in good off licenses but never seen it.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Banks beer for me. Not so much the beer but for the fact that the last time I drank it, I was in a bar, on a Barbados beach.

Attachments

• elbow_room_prv.jpg
    elbow_room_prv.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 16

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
BTW worth clicking on the tumbnail for a better view

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
There are many great beers out there. At the moment my faves are Samuel Adams Cherrywheat, Blue Moon and Baltika 4 which is a darker Russian beer.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Basic but in Budapest and the rest of Hungary and some parts of poland they have ''Drunk Prisons'' where they take you if you are pissed and just leave you for the night and there are no other prisoners there just pissheads. You get a fine in the morning and then they let you out. No courts or anything.

The one in Warsaq is actually part of the local mental hospital. A member of the revenue spent a night in one of these and got woken up by the tramps he was rooming with as he was snoring too much.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here