Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Top 4 finish

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
I am surprised people think it is that ridiculous. Look who is above and around us:

- Arsenal & City: Yeah, I don't think we will be catching them.
- Newcastle: Looking great, but as they proved against Wednesday, don't have too much depth. Could easily go on a run of struggling to score I think. Do look decent though.
- Man United: In form, but as someone said, could implode. Maybe that factor has gone now Ronaldo has left.
- Spurs & Liverpool: Both seem to be incredibly inconsistent. Both easily go on runs where they just can't win games. Liverpool a shadow of their former selves, and Spurs relying on Kane.
- Fulham & Brentford: If both of them are up there, there is no reason we can't be. I am biased, but I would say player for player, we have a better squad then these 2 teams.
- Chelsea: Doesn't look like it is getting any better under Potter. May just be one of those seasons for them.

I am not saying it is going to happen, and I really don't think it will, but we are capable of beating any team. Hit some rich form, beat the teams above us, and we are well in the mix. It's also so tight up there, it isn't like there is a top 4 like yester year and then the other 16.

Or am I just being to optimistic?
Deluded I would say!

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
If I remember it right, it has happened ZERO times since 2000 that a team 8 pts or more behind a CL spot at this point of the season actually finished in a CL position. Currently, Brighton are 8 points behind Manchester United.
Blooming heck, your memory is really good to have remembered that!

On the other hand, I remember that Brighton had never finished higher in the PL than 15th and never got more than 41 points until last season.
Just because something has not been done, doesn't mean it won't.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Blooming heck, your memory is really good to have remembered that!

On the other hand, I remember that Brighton had never finished higher in the PL than 15th and never got more than 41 points until last season.
Just because something has not been done, doesn't mean it won't.
Well, I remembered hearing or reading it recently.
Nopes, you're right. Can't wait for CL next year.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Did I imagine it or do Liverpool normally just scrape a win at the Amex courtesy of a Salah penalty? Their always-flakey defence might just be in for the shock of their lives this time around :lol:
I can't remember exactly, but we've certainly got a hell of a lot better since Coutinho ran the show in a 1-5(?) defeat in our first PL season!

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
If we don’t sell anyone and don’t get any injuries then it’s maybe 25/1, so pretty unlikely but you never know. Realistically we’d need to win 4 or 5 games on the bounce, which I don’t think we’ve done before in the top flight. Personally I’d be ecstatic with 7th.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Far too many negative nellies on this thread. Lump on at 20/1. Put your mortgage on it.

This post has been brought to you by Denise Coates.
Ha ha, yes, poor woman doesn’t know where her next Billion is coming from! But yes, I actually believe we’re better off for the cup. I genuinely believe (before yday) that we are going to WIN it this season. Don’t know why or how, just a feeling. Even when we got to the semis I didn’t think that. This team thought, different gravy. Or should I say ‘jus’ because we’re southern. Yes. We’re different jus. That sounds better.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Its almost as people want the team to go on some 25 game winless streak...

Serious answer: no, its not worth it. Similar to how people splashing cash on relegation last season just wasted their money. 20-1 on a top 6 place would be decent value, top 4 is a waste of money because its not happening (this season at least... who knows what the future brings?)
Nothing wrong in an insurance bet, but yes - top 4 is a crazy one to go for

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here