Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Top 20 Biggest Clubs In England

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
Fan base and history and you have Leicester, Southampton and West Ham above Forest?!!!

How many European Cups and league titles have Leicester, Southampton and West Ham won?
Yes, in hindsight I would put forest higher up

watsongooal

Jul 7, 2003
Chislehurst
Interesting to know where people would put Celtic and Rangers in that list

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
'Very little' is pushing it.

7 League titles
7 FA Cups
1 League Cup
1 European Cup
1 Cup-Winners' Cup

Besides which, why can't the last 20 years be included?

Quite, they top the all time football league table for points scored, by some margin.

Capture2.JPG

If you consider only top flight points, then they fall to 4th

Capture.JPG

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Size is based on current season ticket sales,we ar massive.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I disagree, we have a decent number of fans all over the country, not as many as the likes of Liverpool and Man United but still a significant amount.

There may be a few NUFC fans potted around the country but you have to admit that the likes of Manure, Chelski, Arsenal and the red scousers are way ahead of you when it comes to the marketing overseas which can of course raise big bucks.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Which part of 'I go for crowd size only' did you have a problem with? :)

Wigan could win the European Cup 16 times and they wouldn't be a big club in my eyes.

I suppose if you extrapolate my suggestion, Notts County won the league once upon a time.

But it isn't really about crowd size only is it. Were Brighton a smaller club than Barnet when they were playing in Gillingham?

NUFC1892

Feb 13, 2011
Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
There may be a few NUFC fans potted around the country but you have to admit that the likes of Manure, Chelski, Arsenal and the red scousers are way ahead of you when it comes to the marketing overseas which can of course raise big bucks.

Definitely, can add Man City to that list now as well no doubt.

Landgull

Oct 30, 2009
We had a similar debate several decades ago and Brighton came in at number 30. However, times have changed a little and I think we may have risen to 25 now. Thus:
21 Notts F
22 Leic.
23 Wolves
24 Boro
25 BHA

Landgull

Oct 30, 2009
OOOPs that was not clever I should have studied the original list so it looks like we (BHA) move up to 22nd.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I hate to break it to you guys but Crystal Palace attendances have exceeded that of the Albion for a vast majority of the last 40 years and they've finished higher than the Albion for about three quarters of those years.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here