Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

**** Top 100 albums of 2013 ****

matildaseagull

Aug 12, 2003
Good Old Sussex
I was desperate for an extra Public Service Broadcasting ticket for The Concorde this week but they sold out ages ago. But by pure chance I just stumbled across them for sale on Concorde 2 website. Must be returns I guess. Well happy now, it's gonna be good.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I was desperate for an extra Public Service Broadcasting ticket for The Concorde this week but they sold out ages ago. But by pure chance I just stumbled across them for sale on Concorde 2 website. Must be returns I guess. Well happy now, it's gonna be good.

That's good news. I often find that C 2 keep back a few tickets and events go back on 'live' a few days before the event.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury

PSB: possibly my album of the year, but I'm still thinking about it....

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
My favourite up to now has been Mark Kozelek's nexus with Jimmy Lavalle. But all night been playing an album called Costa Blanca by a band called The Limininas. It's ****ing incredible. Like a mix between The Beatles, The Pixies and Serge Gainsbourg. And just brilliant brilliant songs to match. A piece of genius I never saw coming this late in the year.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
PSB: possibly my album of the year, but I'm still thinking about it....

Even though I am seeing them on Wednesday night I dont actually have the album. Got the war rooms e.p and enjoying that however.

sussexseagullHH

Nov 19, 2006
Arctic Monkeys 'AM' and Daft Punks 'RAM' were two phenomenal albums this year, and my favourites by those bands.

Other albums well worth a listen:
Chvrches - The bones of what you believe
Haim - Days are gone
Bring Me The Horizon - Sempiternal

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Excellent list here from Norman Records (though there is no Arcade Fire or Daft Punk...)

http://www.normanrecords.com/top-fifty-2013.php

I've not even heard the number one so should probably get on that.

I have 6 out of the top 20, the most so far out of these lists. No.1 does sound interesting but as they have Hookworms at no. 2 I'll give it a listen before buying it (I really liked it, then got quite bored, then eventually angry with it after I saw them).

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
I have 6 of that particular "top 100" and have bought less than 20 2013 releases I reckon. The most pleasing thing for me is to see the criminally underrated Elvis Costello & The Roots album in their top 40 - I've pushed it a few times on the 2013 album purchases thread to no response whatsoever from the massed NSC musical cogniscenti so it's good to see someone in Sussex likes it! Haven't worked out a top 10 yet.......

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
And here's the poll of polls from the excellent Any Decent Music:

http://www.anydecentmusic.com/articles/2013-poll-of-polls.aspx

US will be happy that Daft Punk are in there -- just below John Grant :)

NB: It will be updated as more end of year polls get published.

In post 73, I produced a top five, which will now have to be amended because -- courtesy of gentle encouragements on NSC -- I went out and bought John Grant and Matthew E White. John Grant makes the top five, and might even make number one.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
I have 6 of that particular "top 100" and have bought less than 20 2013 releases I reckon. The most pleasing thing for me is to see the criminally underrated Elvis Costello & The Roots album in their top 40 - I've pushed it a few times on the 2013 album purchases thread to no response whatsoever from the massed NSC musical cogniscenti so it's good to see someone in Sussex likes it! Haven't worked out a top 10 yet.......

As someone who has meant to listen to this record all bloody year, I'll tell you what I think the problem is. They don't appear to make the easiest of bedfellows on paper and I think both their fanbases are put off by the involvement of the other. A bit like Lou Reed/ Metallica "Lulu" which I maintain is nowhere near as bad as people made out.

The Modfather

Dec 13, 2009
Ibiza to the Norfolk Broads

Have not heard it heard but I am intrigued by it, and have put it on my Xmas list. If santa doesn't bring it, I intend to buy it in the new year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here