Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Top 10 of DEPARTURES this season and NONE will be MISSED

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
And if it wasn't for Knight, there may not have been a 10 year fight.

A quuestion or statement to which we will never get an answer as nobody knows what may or may not have happened. Perhaps a Swiss Billionaire would have come in some way down the line nobody knows and never will so just be grateful for what DK did for us and the fact that he was rescued on his mission to get Falmer by TB.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Goes quickly when you're having fun, doesn't it?

Seems longer :wink:

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
We wont miss him because he's still here, as president, and maybe Ernest should perhaps re-phrase some of the things he says, but that doesn't detract from the fact the if we all class Dick as the saviour of the club in 1997, then what is above a saviour?

Because that is exactly what Tony Bloom is, and without him and what he did at the optimum moment I assure you things would be totally different.

And FDM that's not a thinly veiled attack on anyone its fact.

Have to agree with this... if Dick was still in charge we would now be up the creek without a paddle because there would have been no money forthcoming for the stadium..... Mr Bloom is our saviour and thanks to him we now have a nice new ground on its way

goldstonegull

Feb 18, 2009
plymouth
Lot of people on here with short memories. Been a supporter for 43yrs. if it hadn't been for DK I would not have a team to support, so stop f***ing criticising him

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
Lot of people on here with short memories. Been a supporter for 43yrs. if it hadn't been for DK I would not have a team to support, so stop f***ing criticising him

well said, have been fan for 47 years and agree wholeheartedly

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
And if it wasn't for Knight, there may not have been a 10 year fight.
It was evident years ago that Ernest would rather have been in the Conference without Knight than in the Championship with him.

At which any claim Ernest has on rationality falls apart.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Quick question, why does Ernest hate Dick Knight? I've never understood it! Dick saved the club and then kept us afloat until TB comes in, what's the problem?

bhadebenhams

Mar 14, 2009
Quick question, why does Ernest hate Dick Knight? I've never understood it! Dick saved the club and then kept us afloat until TB comes in, what's the problem?

He knows that Dick Tight STOLE the FA Cup Final money in 1983 to have a life size gold statue made of himself, and also sacked Dean Wilkins (HOUSEWIVE's FAVOURITE, ESPECIALLY THIS ONE) after finishing 7th (SEVENTH) two seasons ago because Dean knew that Tight has a small willy.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Been a supporter for 60 + years and would just like to point out that nobody is criticising DK just pointing out that if TB had not stepped up with his money we would not be moving into Falmer next year. This is an undeniable fact. It now appears that the finance was never in place as we were lead to believe, unless of course unbeknown to us TB had told DK he would finance it from the outset.

zego

Jul 10, 2003
1/ Dick Tight
2/Indigo Calderon
3/Russle Salde
4/Bob Booker
5/Lardy McCleod
6/Dean White
7/David Livermore
8/Dean Cox
9/Adam Virgo
10/Nicky Forster

Will be remembered with respect, gratitude and affection long after Ern ... (who?) is forgotten.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here