Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Top 10 of DEPARTURES this season and NONE will be MISSED

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
You really do have a fixation with DK don't you?

I reckon you fancy him, and denying it would be confirmation

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
In Ernest's defence, without Dick Knight standing down and Tony Bloom taking control the whole long term future of the club would be totally different.

For a start would we all be looking forward to Falmer opening next August?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
And there was I thinking Mr Knight was our president.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
In Ernest's defence, without Dick Knight standing down and Tony Bloom taking control the whole long term future of the club would be totally different.

So you are saying that Dick's two decisions on his arrival and departure are major reasons for our current rosy future :thumbsup:

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009

Does that mean we wont' miss him? I miss Knight, obviously i love the fact we've got a stable future now. But this is a thinly-veiled attack on Knight. Again. For the 1000th time.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Dick Knight left just after last season actually.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

Must agree and the answer to that question is a most emphatic NO.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

So that's a reason to say good riddance?
Ernest is a tool, end of.

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Does that mean we wont' miss him? I miss Knight, obviously i love the fact we've got a stable future now. But this is a thinly-veiled attack on Knight. Again. For the 1000th time.

We wont miss him because he's still here, as president, and maybe Ernest should perhaps re-phrase some of the things he says, but that doesn't detract from the fact the if we all class Dick as the saviour of the club in 1997, then what is above a saviour?

Because that is exactly what Tony Bloom is, and without him and what he did at the optimum moment I assure you things would be totally different.

And FDM that's not a thinly veiled attack on anyone its fact.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
How many times did DK go onto Harty's radio show and say that the finance for Falmer was all in place when it now appears that it obviously wasnt. Had TB not come in and bailed us out we wouldnt be moving into Falmer in 12 months and what is more if we had owned anything could possibly have gone into a form of administration although many have pointed out that due to our make up actual administration was not possible.

Thank you for what you did DK but a bigger thank you to TB for giving me and many more hope for the future and a new ground.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I never understand the anti-Knight brigade on here. He and his consortium saved this club and started the Falmer process. Without him we would still be in Gillingham or worse, out of business altogether.

Sure, he had his faults but I'd much rather have a chairman like him the the likes of Ken Bates, Peter Ridsdale, Malcolm Glazer, and the others who financially mortgage the future of their clubs for short term success.

We stayed within our means under Knight, ran the club sensibly and made it an attractive proposition for Bloom. If the club was a mess, facing administration and with no prospects for a new ground do you really think Bloom would have invested so heavily? No.

I'm extremely happy Bloom has taken over but I'm forever grateful for Knight and his regime.

Rant over!

sten

sister ray
Jul 14, 2003
eastside
I never understand the anti-Knight brigade on here. He and his consortium saved this club and started the Falmer process. Without him we would still be in Gillingham or worse, out of business altogether.

Sure, he had his faults but I'd much rather have a chairman like him the the likes of Ken Bates, Peter Ridsdale, Malcolm Glazer, and the others who financially mortgage the future of their clubs for short term success.

We stayed within our means under Knight, ran the club sensibly and made it an attractive proposition for Bloom. If the club was a mess, facing administration and with no prospects for a new ground do you really think Bloom would have invested so heavily? No.

I'm extremely happy Bloom has taken over but I'm forever grateful for Knight and his regime.

Rant over!

bang on why do the people not understand what this man done for us, it could have been so much worse:thumbsup:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
How many times did DK go onto Harty's radio show and say that the finance for Falmer was all in place?

Once. And at that time it was, only the banks backing down on promises altered that.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Once. And at that time it was, only the banks backing down on promises altered that.

I think that you will find it was on more than 1 occassion in fact probably 3 or 4 perhaps Harty or somebody else could confirm this. Nobody is knocking what DK did just pointing out that had TB not come to the front with his money our 10 year fight for Falmer would have been all in vane because it wouldnt have been built.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
And if it wasn't for Knight, there may not have been a 10 year fight.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here