Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Top 10 football stadiums in the world?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I like the look of the new stadium for a French cousins, Le Havre. Designed by KSS, the architects for Amex.

Grand_Stade_du_Havre.bmp

stadebleuune.jpg

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Pisses all over Liverpools fabled Kop doesn't it, even before the seats went in (that are never used anyway).

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
I liked the revamped Benfica ground. Saw England beat Croatia in a superb match!

Attachments

• lisbon.jpg
    lisbon.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 167

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Ex-Shoreham
the wrong kind of football, though sure it was used in the world cup, but gotta give a mention to any "football" stadium that can hold 110,000 people!! michigan's college stadium in ann arbor...

MichiganStadiumNCAA08Large.jpg

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007

Hoping to make a visit this year.
The Dragao (Porto) is obviously stunning, although haven't been. I'm not a fan of all these big flashy new grounds, all seem very soulless (Emirates/City of Manchester stadium) etc. The old grounds are the best for me, as in my eyes atmosphere outweighs comfort all day long, so those like Anfield, Villa Park and so on aren't half good for making a noise.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Old Trafford is a dump. It's just a big dump.
No. 1 is London Road Peterborough for me.

Even though the away terrace is going? Ground that greatly impressed me was Molineux. The two similar stands at either side and either end really work well, and the away end's facilities were just superb (only ground I can remember where concourses were painted as ours will be - made it seem very bright in there and they had TVs showing most of the first half highlights). And the Wolves fans next to us were extremely noisy. A mention for the away end at Coventry's new stadium, though the ground did not have much atmosphere.

beardosh

Insert witty comment here
Dec 14, 2009
Dallas cowboys stadium in, er, Dallas looks quality and very flashy with sliding Walls and a huge screen hanging from the roof.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
the wrong kind of football, though sure it was used in the world cup, but gotta give a mention to any "football" stadium that can hold 110,000 people!! michigan's college stadium in ann arbor...

MichiganStadiumNCAA08Large.jpg

This is a convincing rendered image, the fat guy stood up in yellow gives it away, unless quantum physics have changed, he appears to be in 10,000 places at once!

Imagine kids sat at the back going to get an autograph at the front, "see you in an hour or so dad..."

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
That terrace is a corker, isn't it? Is it traditional terracing, or one of those where you have a seat that swings out of the way?

I think it gets converted to seats for internationals and European games.
I like Wolves as well for some reason - a lot the choices on this thread such as Anfield or Old Trafford are pretty uninspired.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade

I haven't been yet (checking it out for the first time in March), but I have to say based on TV matches (rugby and football), that the one tiny end seems to bring the whole ground down a little bit (although I do like the fact it is still enclosed. I know they were tight for space, but I would rather have had 2 medium size ends, if possible (but then I am not an architect).

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
it looks a bit odd and not the biggest fan of its shape =/

and dosent portos stadium look a lot like ours from the outside :D

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Ex-Shoreham
This is a convincing rendered image, the fat guy stood up in yellow gives it away, unless quantum physics have changed, he appears to be in 10,000 places at once!

Imagine kids sat at the back going to get an autograph at the front, "see you in an hour or so dad..."

haha, aye. found a non-rendered one for you..

10041948A~Michigan-Stadium-University-of-Michigan-Football-Posters.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here